Jennifer J.P. Harris
Jennifer Harris is a partner in the capital solutions & private credit practice. Jennifer advises clients on a range of lending and other financial practices. Her practice focuses on special situations and lender-side finance transactions, including distressed financings, structured financings, secured lending and debt restructuring both in and outside of bankruptcy. She represents financial institutions, corporations, issuers, special servicers, and official and ad hoc creditors’ committees. Recent areas of particular focus include workouts of troubled structured finance transactions, special situation lending and secured lending (2nd lien structures, DIPs and exit facilities).
Jennifer’s experience spans a wide-array of industries that include aviation, telecom, apparel, gaming, hospitality, telecommunications, broadcasting, shipping, health care, and sports.
- Represented FORMA Brands in connection with obtaining $33 million in DIP financing from the prepetition secured lenders and its subsequent sale through the voluntary Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Represented Morgan Stanley Tactical Value in its investment in OneTeam Partners, a global sports licensing, marketing, media and investment company.
- Represented a direct lender in connection with its first lien loans and convertible debt package for a technology solutions company.
- Represented an ad hoc group of debt holders in the chapter 11 cases of ION Geophysical in connection with its DIP Financing.
- Represented a leading airline in connection with providing DIP financing, a “rollup” of prepetition loans and notes and Exit financing.*
- Represented holders of prepetition debt in connection with providing DIP financing and Exit financing for an apparel company.*
- Represented an ad hoc bondholder group in connection with the multijurisdictional bankruptcy of a telecommunications giant.*
- Represented an issuer of notes backed by insurance policies and annuities in a rated securitization.*
- Represented a bank in connection with a series of loans to special purpose vehicles secured by airline parts.*
- Represented an ad hoc group of lenders in connection with the refinancing and buy-sell agreements with respect to the mortgage loan and mezzanine loan agreements.*
- Represented the unsecured creditor committee in connection with receipt of DIP and Exit Islamic compliant financing.*
- Represented a hedge fund as prepetition lender and ultimate equity owner to a broadcasting company.*
- Represented creditor committees in workouts of Structured Investment Vehicle (“SIV”) financings.*
- Represented a key lender in connection with the work-out of its holdings of defaulted first lien debt of the owner of a Major League Baseball team and a National Hockey League team.*
- Represented a successor agent for the pre-petition facility and agent for the Exit facility for a distressed casino company.*
- Represented an investor in its acquisition of a majority interest in a car company, through the issuance of securities backed by automobile receivables generated from its wholesale and retail, auto loan and auto lease lines of business.*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Profiled, “Ropes & Gray Adds 3 New Partners In NY And LA,” Law360 (January 25, 2022)
- Profiled, “Ropes & Gray Taps Talent From Am Law 100 Competitors in Round of Corporate Hires,” The American Lawyer, Law.com, The Recorder (January 24, 2022)
- MA (International Politics), American University, 2001
- JD, American University Washington College of Law, 2000
- BA, Occidental College, 1996
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2000
- District of Columbia, 2001
- New York, 2004