Jordan M. Harvey
Jordan Harvey is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s Litigation and Enforcement practice group. Jordan advises and represents clients in complex civil litigation and government enforcement matters, specializing in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act internal investigations, anti-corruption due diligence and risk analyses, False Claims Act matters, and Anti-Kickback Statute issues. Jordan works with a diverse group of clients, including private equity firms, public corporations, medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and individuals.
Jordan maintains an active pro bono practice focused on Social Security benefits appeals, landlord/tenant disputes, and immigration/asylum matters in administrative and federal courts. He also represents indigent defendants in federal criminal proceedings through the firm’s participation in the Criminal Justice Act program. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Jordan clerked for judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
As a Presidential Merit Scholar during law school, Jordan served as Notes Editor on The George Washington International Law Review and earned the Class of 2016 Excellence in Trial Advocacy award. Jordan also interned for state and federal trial court judges, the U.S. EEOC General Counsel, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia. He served as president of the Black Law Students Association, represented indigent clients as a Student Attorney in the Public Justice Advocacy Clinic, and worked as a professor’s research assistant to support the publishing of a criminal law textbook. Jordan also competed as a member of the Mock Trial and Alternative Dispute Resolution teams.
- Regularly conducts internal investigations for global companies and their subsidiaries involving allegations of bribery and violations of company policy.
- Conducted internal investigations into pharmaceutical and medical device companies for alleged violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute and the False Claims Act.
- Conducted intensive internal investigation, including onsite interviews and audits, of a major multinational law firm for allegations of bribery.
- Conducted internal investigation on behalf of client into high-profile fraud allegations against top executive.
Anti-Corruption & International Risks Compliance and Diligence
- Regularly conducts pre-acquisition anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and sanctions due diligence of target companies on behalf of large private equity firms.
- Prepared FCPA and related anti-corruption trainings for U.S. based multinational company’s subsidiaries located in Latin America.
Litigation & Enforcement
- Represented and prepared defense for individual under investigation for FCPA and sanctions-related violations.
- Conducted internal investigation in support of client’s response to foreign government’s multi-pronged fraud investigation.
- Successfully represented clients in Immigration Court proceedings and secured clients a grant of asylum.
- Successfully represented a client in Civil Protection Order proceedings in D.C. Superior Court.
- Contributor, “Justices Could Trigger Sea Change For Tender Offer Suits,” Law360 (April 19, 2019)
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2016; Presidential Merit Scholar; Notes Editor, The George Washington International Law Review
- BA (Political Science), Brigham Young University, 2013