Jordan M. Harvey
Jordan Harvey is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s Litigation and Enforcement practice group. Jordan advises and represents clients in complex civil litigation and government enforcement matters, specializing in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act internal investigations, anti-corruption due diligence and risk analyses, False Claims Act matters, and Anti-Kickback Statute issues. Jordan works with a diverse group of clients, including private equity firms, public corporations, medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and individuals.
Jordan maintains an active pro bono practice focused on Social Security benefits appeals, landlord/tenant disputes, and immigration/asylum matters in administrative and federal courts. He also represents indigent defendants in federal criminal proceedings through the firm’s participation in the Criminal Justice Act program. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Jordan clerked for judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
As a Presidential Merit Scholar during law school, Jordan served as Notes Editor on The George Washington International Law Review and earned the Class of 2016 Excellence in Trial Advocacy award. Jordan also interned for state and federal trial court judges, the U.S. EEOC General Counsel, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia. He served as president of the Black Law Students Association, represented indigent clients as a Student Attorney in the Public Justice Advocacy Clinic, and worked as a professor’s research assistant to support the publishing of a criminal law textbook. Jordan also competed as a member of the Mock Trial and Alternative Dispute Resolution teams.
- Conducted internal investigations into pharmaceutical and medical device companies for alleged violations of the FCPA, Anti-Kickback Statute, and False Claims Act.
- Regularly conduct internal investigations for global companies and their subsidiaries, across many industries, involving allegations of FCPA violations, money laundering and sanctions offenses, and infractions of company policy.
- Perform FCPA-focused investigative review of policies, operations, and communications of multinational manufacturing corporations.
- Conduct anti-corruption investigations on behalf of private equity clients into subsidiaries to assess pre-acquisition risk, determine likelihood of successor liability, document current risk, and recommend remediation steps.
- Conducted an intensive internal investigation, including onsite interviews and audits, of a major multinational law firm for allegations of bribery.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a client into high-profile fraud allegations against a top executive.
Anti-Corruption & International Risks Compliance and Diligence
- Regularly conduct pre-acquisition anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and sanctions due diligence of target companies on behalf of large private equity firms.
- Prepared FCPA and related anti-corruption trainings for U.S. based multinational company’s subsidiaries located in Latin America.
Litigation & Enforcement
- Represented a multinational pharmaceutical company in responding to a Congressional committee request for documents and information related to COVID-19 vaccine development.
- Represented and prepared the defense for an individual under investigation for FCPA and sanctions-related violations.
- Conducted an internal investigation in support of a client’s response to a foreign government’s multi-pronged fraud investigation.
- Represented a multinational energy company in response to a DOJ request for information and documents pursuant to a mutual legal assistance treaty (MLAT) with a foreign jurisdiction.
- Represented a private equity client in response to a subpoena in a complex commercial litigation matter.
- Successfully represented clients in Immigration Court proceedings and secured clients a grant of asylum.
- Successfully represented a client in Civil Protection Order proceedings in D.C. Superior Court.
- Co-author, “Latin America Overview,” The Practitioner’s Guide to Global Investigations, Fifth Edition (March 2021)
- Co-author, “Navigating Inability-To-Pay Claims With DOJ Amid COVID-19,” Law360 (November 6, 2020)
- Contributor, “Justices Could Trigger Sea Change For Tender Offer Suits,” Law360 (April 19, 2019)
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2016; Presidential Merit Scholar; Notes Editor, The George Washington International Law Review
- BA (Political Science), Brigham Young University, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- District of Columbia, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2017