Joyce Hu joined the life science group of Ropes & Gray’s Shanghai office in 2019. Before joining the firm, Joyce worked at a leading international law firm focus on cross-border M&A transactions. Joyce focuses her practice on advising multinational clients on China relating investments, including private and public mergers and acquisitions, private equity investment, foreign directly investment, and general corporate transactions.
Joyce is a native speaker of Mandarin and Cantonese.
Notable transactions in which Joyce has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advised a Fortune Global 500 company in its sale of majority shareholding in a public company listed on Nasdaq Stockholm to a leading Chinese hospitality and travel group.
- Advised a leading online parenting services platform in China in its pre-IPO investment.
- Advised a leading independent exploration and production company listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in its acquisition of Pakistan oil and gas assets from an international oil and gas company.
- Advised a NYSE listed company in its acquisition of various Chinese pesticide and chemical manufacturers.
- Advised a Chinese state-owned enterprise in forming a joint venture with a renowned Malaysian real estate developer to build and develop an industrial park in Malaysia.
- Advised the oil and gas arm of a Chinese private equity firm in connection with its bid for the participating interest in two offshore gas blocks in Myanmar.
- JD, University of Southern California, 2012
- LLM, University of Southern California, 2010
- LLB, Sun Yet-Sen University, 2009