Katie Hyland is an associate practicing in Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments & transactions group. She represents financial institutions, private equity clients, and investors in a wide variety of commercial real estate matters including complex acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures formed for real estate investments, financings, land use and zoning, and development.
- Represented a prominent real estate finance company in connection with its $1 billion collateralized loan obligation issuance, which financed pari passu participation interests in 31 of the company’s large balance of commercial real estate loans previously financed under the company’s repurchase facilities with 5 different counterparties. The total transaction value of the deal exceeded $2.8 billion.
- Represented a real estate investment and asset management company as part of a joint venture in the acquisition of a 500,000+ sq. ft. single-tenant industrial property including the negotiation and closing of acquisition financing.
- Ongoing representation of an early stage real estate operating partner and developer managing multiple classes of assets throughout the United States.
- Represented a joint venture in the $100 million acquisition of a network data center in Kansas City, Mo. This transaction also included the assumption of a $40 million mortgage loan on the property and negotiating replacement guaranties in connection with the assumption. Additionally, as a part of this transaction, assisted the joint venture in conducting business restructuring in order to bring in capital.
- Represented real estate fund sponsor in the contribution of timberlands real estate as seed assets into a new open-end real estate fund.
- JD, Boston College Law School, 2015; Vice President, Sports and Entertainment Law Society
- BA (History), with honors, Brown University, 2011; Recipient of the Royce Fellowship for Sport and Society at Brown University and the John McLendon Minority Postgraduate Scholarship Award