Matthew P. Hendrickson
Matthew Hendrickson joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 and is an associate in the business and securities litigation group. Matt focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, including securities, antitrust, fiduciary duty, contract, and mergers and acquisition litigation. He also has experience advising clients on a broad range of pre-suit disputes. His clients have included major financial institutions, life sciences and technology companies, national retailers, and the independent directors of several publicly traded corporations.
- Represented a foreign sovereign in the litigation and eventual settlement of several dozen cases brought by holders of defaulted bonds.*
- Represented a major financial institution in over a dozen multi-billion dollar cases arising out of the financial crisis.*
- Advised a major financial institution on several contentious negotiations concerning syndicated transaction finance.*
- Represented a major financial institution as a third party in several cases arising out of mergers and acquisitions advisory work.*
- Represented a major financial institution in private plaintiff anti-trust litigation.*
- Represented a national retailer in several derivative and class action cases brought by its stockholders.*
- Represented a national retailer in a patent dispute before the U.S. Court of International Trade.*
- Advised a large technology company on several employment and trade secret matters.*
- Represented a large technology company in governmental investigations into alleged FCPA violations and insider trading by company executives.*
- Represented a biotechnology company in litigation related to international licensing of intellectual property and clinical study data.*
- Represented the special committee of the board of directors of a Delaware corporation in litigation arising out of the corporation’s sale.*
- Represented several independent directors of a Delaware corporation in litigation arising out of a contested proxy contest.
- Represented a private equity firm in several disputes related to international tax liability.*
*Matters noted with an asterisks were completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray