Matthew T. Hevert
Matt is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s asset management group. Matt advises domestic and offshore private funds on a broad spectrum of their businesses, focusing on fund formation and regulatory compliance. Matt also advises fund managers with respect to negotiating contractual arrangements, including third-party service provider agreements and side letters with fund investors. Matt also advises private fund investors, including large institutional and other investors, with respect to assessing prospective investments in private funds and negotiating side letters with fund managers. In law school, Matt served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Boston University Law Review.
- Transactional advice to Institutional Capital Network.
- Advice to and negotiation on behalf of large institutional investor concerning allocation of its endowment across a range of private funds.
- Advice to sovereign and other institutional investors in connection with co-investments and secondary investments.
- Advice to a new fund manager in connection with the formation of new investment adviser and private fund, including issues related to regulatory compliance and negotiation of service provider agreements.
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law, Editor-in-Chief, Boston University Law Review
- BA, Boston College