Michael B. Homer
Mike Homer focuses his practice on government investigations and related litigation, particularly in the healthcare industry. Mike has extensive experience representing clients in civil and criminal matters involving the False Claims Act, anti-kickback laws, FDA regulations, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Mike also leads one of the firm’s pro bono initiatives. He manages the firm’s involvement with Veterans Legal Services, a legal aid organization that provides free legal assistance to low-income and homeless veterans in the Greater Boston area.
Mike is a graduate of Columbia Law School and Northwestern University. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Mike served as law clerk to the Honorable P. Kevin Castel of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Currently defending national home healthcare company in False Claims Act litigation involving alleged regulatory violations and improper billing practices.
- Defended Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company in False Claims Act litigation involving alleged off-label promotion and kickback agreements.
- Represented global medical device company in wide-ranging government investigation into allegedly improper partnerships with healthcare providers.
- Represented Fortune 500 medical device manufacturer in criminal and civil investigation by the Department of Justice regarding allegations of misbranding and adulteration.
- Represented major insurance company in connection with regulatory inquiries regarding criminal cyber-attack on portion of the company’s computer network.
- Represented numerous pro bono clients in variety of immigration, consumer protection, housing, and social security matters.
- Featured, Veterans Legal Services 2018 Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Award Video (March 2018)