Moussa Hassoun is an associate at Ropes & Gray in the corporate department. He has experience providing regulatory, transactional, and compliance advice in a wide range of matters in the health care and privacy & cybersecurity practice groups. He also represents clients in immigration matters pro bono. He is a member of two Ropes & Gray affinity groups: LGBTQ Forum and the Multicultural Group.
During law school, Moussa served as the Co-Chair to the Boston College Lambda Law Students Association, on the Executive Board of the Middle Eastern Law Student Association, and as an editor of the Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest, a commercial law journal.
- Advised private equity firms on investment considerations for health care targets and their associated regulatory risks.
- Advised a pharmaceutical company in conducting an internal investigation of employee conduct.
- Counselled a major private equity firm on the sale of a wholly-owned subsidiary in health care.
- Advised clients regarding change of ownership and license transfer requirements applicable to pharmacies.
- Advised a major health system on a response to a federal subpoena in relation to an investigation into a physician.
- Advised a quickly growing non-profit organization on general corporate matters.
Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Advised national universities, various corporations, global investment bank and financial services companies on compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
- Counseled a client on US privacy enforcement practices and powers under the FTCA and various state laws.
- Drafted, negotiated, and advised national and global clients on the terms of non-disclosure agreements to initiate negotiations for their respective transactions.
- Co-author, “New CMS Rules Reinforce Trend Away From Traditional Care,” Law360 (November 29, 2018)