Peter joined Ropes & Gray in 2014. As a member of the firm’s real estate investments & transactions group, he has worked on various commercial real estate transactions including master repurchase facilities, repo financings, mortgage pool purchase and sale, joint venture formation and acquisitions. Earlier in his career, Peter had focused his practice on general corporate matters and private equity transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, growth and venture capital investments as well as debt financing transactions.
During law school, Peter interned at two of the Top 5 law firms in South Korea.
- Representing a public REIT in connection with its preferred equity capital raise deal for up to $325M from an international real estate fund to cause the REIT to avoid imminent defaults under secured financing facilities arising from COVID-19 and create additional working capital necessary to navigate through the post-pandemic market turmoil, which deal involved extensive negotiations with the REIT’s multiple lenders.
- Representing various investors in joint venture formations and related acquisitions of commercial real estate across the United States; in particular, represented a foreign sovereign wealth fund in connection with its formation of joint ventures with another Section 892 investor and U.S. property managers and the joint ventures’ related acquisitions of indirect ownership interests in certain commercial real estate in New York City and Washington, D.C.
- Representing private and public real estate investment trusts across from major commercial banks in connection with the closings of master repurchase facilities (facility sizes ranging from $250 million to more than $3 billion) and financings thereunder of various commercial real estate loans secured by real estate in the United States, including complex repurchase, participation and repo transactions in connection with their collateralized loan obligation offerings involving more than 25 real estate loan assets (average deal size of $1 billion).
- Representing Korean investor groups in the acquisition of syndicated commercial real estate debt secured by a portfolio of luxury hotels (valued at around $1.85 billion) spread across the United States.
- Representing various nationally recognized private equity sponsors in their acquisition and disposition of portfolio companies, with deal sizes ranging from $10 million to $7 billion, in industries spanning from outdoor advertising to health care, from telecommunications to apparels.
- Co-Author, “Commercial Real Estate in the United States,” Practical Law (November 2017)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2014; Article Editor, NYU Annual Survey of American Law
- BA, magna cum laude , University of Pennsylvania, 2007