Philip B. Hilton
Philip Hilton joined Ropes & Gray’s finance department in 2019. Philip advises private equity sponsors, corporate borrowers and debt funds in a range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions, including leveraged financings and high yield bonds.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Philip worked as lawyer in the Australian office of a large international law firm, where he worked on a broad range of transactions including mergers & acquisitions, financing transactions for major Australian banks and private equity sponsors, and medium term Australian note issuances for corporate borrowers.
During law school, Philip completed internships at international law firms in Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia, and in Australia’s Attorney-General’s Department.
Notable transactions in which Philip has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advising a listed Australian corporate on complex financing arrangements relating to the spin-off of a major subsidiary
- Acting for a listed Australian telecommunications company on the refinancing of its syndicated facility arrangements
- Acting for a syndicate of major Australian banks on the secured refinancing of a syndicated facility for a large corporate borrower
- Acting for a large Australian bank on the establishment of a social impact bond for which it had been appointed security trustee
- Advising a large listed US company on the establishment of its Australian Medium Term Note programme
- GDLP, Australian National University, 2017
- JD, University of Melbourne, 2016
- BA (Politics & International Studies), University of Melbourne, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2020
- Victoria, Australia, 2017
- High Court of Australia, 2017