Sae Jun (Edward) Hwang
AssociateEd joined Ropes & Gray as an associate in 2017 and practices in the leveraged finance group of the firm’s private capital transactions practice group. Ed advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a broad range of financing transactions, including syndicated credit facilities, ABL facilities and second lien credit facilities.
- Advised TSG Consumer Partners in connection with obtaining debt financing for its acquisition of Pathway Vet Alliance, a leading owner and operator of over 270 general practice, specialty and emergency veterinary hospitals throughout the U.S.
- Advised American Industrial Partners and its portfolio company acpi®
,in connection with obtaining debt financing for its acquisitions of two leading providers of cabinetry products: Elkay Wood Products Company in 2019 and Masco Cabinetry in 2020.
- Advised CCMP Capital Advisors, LP in connection with obtaining debt financing for its acquisition of BGIS, a leading integrated facilities management company.
- Advised Samsonite in structuring and obtaining $1.25 billion of term loan A financing, $675 million of term loan B financing and $500 million in revolving commitments in connection with its acquisition of Tumi, Inc., and the subsequent extension of the credit facilities and issuance of €350 million in Eurobonds.
- JD, The University of Chicago Law School, 2017
- BA (Psychology), summa cum laude, Duke University, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2018