Scott is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s antitrust practice group. Scott’s practice focuses on antitrust analysis and defense of mergers and acquisitions, merger and non-merger counseling, and litigation.
Scott’s work includes regulatory compliance and advocacy before the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice Antitrust Division. He has represented clients in a wide range of industries, including life sciences, mass media, paints and coatings, technology, oil and gas, supermarkets, pharmacy, insurance, and entertainment.
While in law school, Scott clerked for the Federal Trade Commission’s Anticompetitive Practices division and assisted with select merger investigations.
- Represented Genstar Capital in successful acquisition of Forte Research Systems, Inc.
- Represented Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. in successful $14.6 billion acquisition by Discovery, Inc. through a Second Request by the DOJ.*
- Represented Sherwin-Williams in successful $11.3 billion acquisition of the Valspar Corporation through a Second Request by the FTC.*
- Represented Universal Music Group in successful $1.9 billion acquisition of EMI Recorded Music through a Second Request by the FTC.*
- Represented Service Corp. International in successful acquisition of Stewart Enterprises through a Second Request by the FTC.*
- Represented Delhaize America in successful divestiture of three southeastern grocery banners to Bi-Lo Holdings through investigation by the FTC.*
- Represented 3DSystems in successful acquisition of Geomagic.*
- Represented Bridgestone Americas in distribution joint venture with Goodyear.*
- Defended major paper company in class action price-fixing suit by direct containerboard purchasers.*
- Defended ocean car carrier executive in criminal price-fixing investigation by the DOJ.*
- Defended major energy company in false advertising investigation by the FTC.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Co-author, Economic Implications of Third-Party Litigation Financing on the U.S. Civil Justice System, J.L. Econ. Pol’y (2012)
- LLM (Law & Economics), George Mason University School of Law, 2010
- JD, cum laude, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, 2009; Editor, Loyola Law Review; Member, Moot Court Board
- BA (English), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2006