Shan Huang is an associate in the private equity transaction group of Ropes & Gray and a registered foreign lawyer in the Hong Kong office.
Shan has extensive experience in M&A, joint ventures and private equity transactions, advising major Chinese, Hong Kong and multinational clients on a broad range of sectors including TMT, financial institutions, industrials and resources, and consumer goods.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Shan worked at a leading international law firm in its Hong Kong office, and a leading Chinese law firm in its Beijing office.
- CMC Capital Partners in connection with various preferred equity minority investments in TMT companies in China
Transactions completed before joining Ropes & Gray:
- Bank of China (Hong Kong) in its HK$68 billion sale to Cinda Financial of 100% of the shares in Nanyang Commercial Bank, a Hong Kong licensed bank
- Bank of China (Hong Kong) in its HK$7.685 billion sale to Xiamen International Bank of a controlling stake in Chiyu Bank, a Hong Kong licensed bank
- Bank of East Asia in its sale of consumer finance businesses in China and Hong Kong
- Hershey in its Chocolate confectionary joint venture with Lotte in China and Hong Kong
- NWS in its RMB30 billion waste-to-energy joint venture with Suez and Chongqing Water Group in Chongqing, China
- Bank of China Group Investment Limited, the PE arm of Bank of China group, in its participation in the US$11.6 billion privatisation of Global Logistic Properties, a Singapore-listed company and Asia's biggest warehouse operator and real estate fund manager
- SenseTime Group Limited, a Chinese artificial intelligence company, in its Round B financing
- A leading Chinese TMT company in the merger of its portfolio companies, eLong and Tongcheng, both leading travel service providers in China
- LLM, Stanford University, 2013
- LLB, Peking University, 2007