Spencer A. Haught
Spencer Haught joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 as an associate in the corporate department. He practices primarily in the firm’s private equity and private investment funds groups.
During law school, Spencer served on Harvard Law School’s Board of Student Advisers and was a winner of the 2014 Ames Moot Court Competition. He also interned at the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office in its business and labor bureau. Before law school, Spencer worked as an investment banking analyst in the Power, Energy & Infrastructure group at Lazard.
- Represented TPG Capital in its definitive agreement to add Leonard Green & Partners as a new capital partner in WellSky Corporation (previously Mediware Information Systems, Inc.), a leading health and community care technology company.
- Represented Audax Group in its sale of Correct Care Solutions, a provider of health care services to patients in local, state and federal corrections environments.
- Represented Audax Group in its acquisition of PHOENIX Rehabilitation and Health Services, Inc., a provider of physical rehabilitation out-patient services.
- Represented TPG Capital in its sale of Eze Software, a leading provider of investment technology, to SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. for $1.45 billion.
- Represented Summit Partners in its sale of a majority stake in Paradigm Outcomes, a leading provider of complex and catastrophic medical management to the U.S. workers’ compensation industry, to OMERS Private Equity.
- Represented Summit Partners in its sale of ABILITY Network Inc., a leading health care cloud-based SaaS technology company, to Inovalon Holdings Inc. for $1.2 billion.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its acquisition of Lucky Vitamin, an industry-leading e-commerce retailer of natural and organic wellness products, from GNC.
- Advised TPG Capital and Mediware Information Systems, Inc. in Mediware’s definitive agreement to acquire Kinnser Software, Inc.
- Represented Golden Gate Capital in its $565 million acquisition of Bob Evans Restaurants, the operator of family restaurants in 18 states, primarily in the Midwest, mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions of the United States.
- Represented State Street Corporation in the sale of State Street’s joint venture interest in Boston Financial Data Services, Inc. (“BFDS”) and International Financial Data Services Limited (“IFDS”) to DST Systems, Inc. for $333 million.
- Represented Audax Group in its acquisition of Accent Food Services, a provider of customized fresh foods, snack and refreshment services.
- Represented Bain Capital in connection with its acquisition of Blue Coat Systems, a provider of security and networking software solutions.
- Represented State Street Corporation in its acquisition of GE Asset Management, a global asset manager with more than $110 billion in assets under management, from General Electric Company.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its investment in Radio Systems Corporation, a leading developer and manufacturer of pet containment, behavioral and lifestyle products solutions.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2015; Board of Student Advisers; Ames Moot Court
- BA (American Studies), Amherst College, 2010; cum laude