Stephen Hui is an associate in the finance group at Ropes & Gray. He focuses on cross-border financing transactions, including leveraged/acquisition finance and special situations debt investments. He has deal experience in multiple jurisdictions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Prior to joining the firm, Stephen worked at a leading international law firm in its Hong Kong and London offices, where he worked predominantly on cross-border leveraged and acquisition finance transactions.
- Advised Bain Capital Credit in connection with the financing related to its US$320 million investment in Schwan’s Company, an indirect subsidiary of CJ Foods America Corp.
- Advised some of Asia’s leading special situations/credit funds on debt investments throughout Asia
- Advised Hillhouse Capital Group and CDH Investments in connection with the financing for the privatisation of Belle International Holdings Limited, previously listed in Hong Kong*
- Advised MBK Partners and TPG Capital in connection with the financing for the acquisition of Wharf T&T*
- Advised CVC Asia in connection with the financing for the privatisation of Nirvana Asia Limited, previously listed in Hong Kong*
- Advised China Merchants Bank in connection with the financing for the privatisation of Peak Sport Products Co., Limited, previously listed in Hong Kong*
- Advised Biostime International Holdings Limited on its bank/high-yield bond combination refinancing*
- Advised the lenders in connection with the financing for Shanghai International Port Group’s cornerstone investment in Postal Savings Bank of China’s IPO*
- Advised the lender in connection with the financing for a sponsor’s acquisition of a retail fashion business in the PRC*
- Advised the lenders in connection with the financing to a technology company for equity investment in a technology start-up*
- Advised the lenders on a term loan facility to finance a hydropower project in Vietnam*
- Advised the lenders on an onshore/offshore financing for the acquisition of a real estate holding company in the PRC*
*Completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- GDLP, College of Law, 2014
- PCLL, City University of Hong Kong, 2013
- Bachelor of Law and Bachelor of Commerce, University of Sydney, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2015