Taylor J. Hart
Taylor Hart is a partner in the private equity transactions group in the Boston office. Taylor represents private equity firms and public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other investments.
Taylor regularly advises private equity sponsors such as Berkshire Partners, Charlesbank Capital Partners and TA Associates and other companies in structuring leveraged buyout acquisitions, add-on acquisitions, dispositions and general corporate matters. He has experience across various industries, including telecommunications, IT infrastructure, healthcare, technology, and retail and consumer brands.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its investment in Vapor IO, a developer of fully-integrated hardware and software solutions for edge computing.
- Represented Access Information Management, a Berkshire Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of Arkive Information Management.
- Represented TPG Growth in its investment in Resource Label Group, LLC, a leading pressure sensitive label, shrink sleeve and RFID/NFC manufacturer.
- Represented Gordon Brothers, a global advisory, restructuring, and investment firm specializing in the industrial, consumer products, and retail sectors, in an investment in Gordon Brothers by funds managed by Stone Point Capital.
- Represented Accela, a Berkshire Partners portfolio company in connection with the sale of the assets and operations of Accela’s Legislative Management business, previously known as IQM2.
- Represented Groupe Rocher in its acquisition of Arbonne International, a leader in direct selling of botanically based beauty, personal care and nutrition products.
- Represented LTS Group Holdings LLC (Lightower), a leading provider of fiber solutions, in its US$7.1 billion acquisition by Crown Castle International Corporation.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in the acquisition of Curriculum Associates, a designer of research-based print and online instructional materials.
- Represented LPL Financial, a leading retail investment advisory firm, in the acquisition of National Planning Holdings.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in the acquisition of Accela Inc., a provider of a cloud-based platform of solutions for communities from ABRY Partners.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in the sale of a portion of Access Information Management, the largest privately held records and information services provider in the world, to GI Partners.
- Represented China Oceanwide Holdings Group Co., Ltd., in its acquisition of International Data Group, Inc., from its shareholders.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Masergy, an owner and operator of the largest independent software defined networking platform in the world from ABRY Partners.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its acquisition of CSafe, a global provider of a full line of cold chain packaging solutions and actively controlled mobile refrigeration units from Altaris Capital.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Parts Town, a distributor of parts for the food service industry, from Summit Partners.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in the sale of Tower Development Corporation, a developer and acquirer of wireless towers and other wireless communications infrastructure, to Crown Castle.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Affordable Care, Inc., a dental practice management company, from American Capital.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its acquisition of Healthcare Staffing Services, a health care staffing services company, from Altaris Capital.
- Represented Lightower Fiber Networks in its US$1.9 billion acquisition of Fibertech Networks, a provider of fiber optic-based network services.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Implus Corporation, a provider of various brands of footwear, fitness and recreational accessories.
- Represented TA Associates in its acquisition, through its portfolio company Tectum Holdings, of A.R.E. Accessories, a fiberglass manufacturing company.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its acquisition of Curo Health Services, a hospice care provider.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Access Information Management, a provider of records and information management services.
- Represented Berkshire Partners, Advent International and Bain Capital in the sale of Skillsoft, a provider of cloud based learning solutions, to Charterhouse Capital Partners.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Catalina Marketing, a provider of consumer-driven media solutions to CPG manufacturers and retailers.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its US$2 billion transaction to acquire and combine Lightower Fiber Networks and Sidera Networks.
- Represented Skillsoft in a number of acquisition and disposition transactions, including the acquisitions of Element K and MindLeaders/ThirdForce, e-learning companies.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its US$1.1 billion acquisition of inVentiv Health, Inc., a pharmaceutical services provider.
- Represented Berkshire Partners, Advent International and Bain Capital in the US$1.2 billion acquisition of Skillsoft, a provider of cloud based learning solutions.
- Represented Keurig Green Mountain in a number of acquisition and disposition transactions, including the acquisitions of Diedrich Coffee and Van Houtte and the sale of Filterfresh.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in the US$3.6 billion acquisition of West Corporation, a leading provider of customer relationship management (CRM) solutions.
- Represented Bain Capital in a US$6 billion transaction to acquire Michaels Stores, a leading arts and crafts retail chain.
- Represented Bain Capital, Carlyle Group and Thomas H. Lee Partners in their US$2.4 billion acquisition of Dunkin' Brands.
- Quoted, “Mergers & Acquisitions: A Roundtable Discussion,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (February 1, 2019)
- Quoted, “Cooper’s Take: Despite Risks, Minority Stakes Still Draw Tech Investors,” WSJ Pro Private Equity (April 13, 2018)
- Featured, “MVP: Ropes & Gray's Taylor Hart,” Law360 (December 19, 2017)
- JD, cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2002; Note Editor, Suffolk University Law Review
- MBA, Suffolk University, 2002
- BS (Business Administration), Trinity University, 1998