Taylor J. Hart
Taylor Hart is a partner in the private equity transactions group in the Boston office and co-lead of the firm’s energy & infrastructure practice. Taylor represents private equity firms and public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other investments.
Taylor regularly advises private equity sponsors such as Berkshire Partners, Charlesbank Capital Partners, Athyrium Capital and TA Associates, and other companies in structuring leveraged buyout acquisitions, add-on acquisitions, dispositions and general corporate matters. He has experience across various industries, including telecommunications, IT infrastructure, healthcare, software and other technology, and retail and consumer brands.
- Represented Berkshire Partners and its portfolio companies in a number of transactions, including:
- Investment in AHEAD, a leading provider of enterprise cloud services.
- Investment in Ensemble Health, a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management solutions for health systems, including hospitals and affiliated physician groups.
- Acquisition of Tango, a leading provider of cloud-based store lifecycle management and integrated workplace management software.
- Acquisition of 3Phase, a provider of elevator and escalator maintenance, repair and modernization services.
- Acquisition of Fast Growing Trees, which offers consumers a broad variety of high-quality trees and shrubs through its branded websites fastgrowingtrees.com, brighterblooms.com and plantingtrees.com.
- Acquisition of Comlinkdata, a leading provider of telecom data and insights.
- Acquisition and sale of Masergy, an owner and operator of the largest independent software defined networking platform in the world.
- Acquisition and sale of Affordable Care, Inc., a dental practice management company.
- Investment in UpStack, which uses advanced technology to enable an extensive team of cloud infrastructure advisors to offer customized solutions for businesses of all sizes.
- Investment in VaporIO, a developer of fully-integrated hardware and software solutions for edge computing.
- Acquisition and sale of portion of Curriculum Associates, a designer of research-based print and online instructional materials.
- Acquisition of Accela Inc., a provider of a cloud-based platform of solutions for communities from ABRY Partners.
- Acquisition and sale of a portion of Access Information Management, the largest privately held records and information services provider in the world.
- Acquisition of Implus, a provider of various brands of footwear, fitness and recreational accessories.
- Acquisition of Parts Town, a distributor of parts for the food service industry, from Summit Partners.
- Investment in and sale of Tower Development Corporation, a developer and acquirer of wireless towers and other wireless communications infrastructure, to Crown Castle.
- Acquisition of Catalina Marketing, a provider of consumer-driven media solutions to CPG manufacturers and retailers.
- US$2 billion transaction to acquire and combine Lightower Fiber Networks and Sidera Networks.
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners and its portfolio companies in a number of transactions, including:
- Acquisition of Accordion Partners, a private equity-focused financial and technology consulting firm.
- Acquisition of Titan Cloud Software, a leading software platform providing environmental and operational solutions for convenience stores, fuel carriers, and service providers.
- Acquisition by World Insurance Associates of Pensionmark Financial Group, a leading retirement and financial planning registered investment advisor supporting more than $80 billion in assets across its network.
- Investment in Bridgepointe Technologies, a leading IT channel platform selling recurring technology services to enterprise customers.
- Acquisition of Box Partners, a leading technology-enabled supplier of packaging, shipping, industrial supplies and related products for the e-commerce and distribution markets.
- Acquisition of Empire Today, a direct-to-consumer provider of replacement hard surface flooring and carpet.
- Investment in Lido Advisors, a full-service, independent registered investment advisor.
- Investment in Symplr, a global healthcare IT software business serving healthcare providers and payers.
- Investment in Ivanti, a leading global provider of enterprise IT software providing solutions that automate IT and security operations.
- Investment in Park Place Technologies, a leading global third-party maintenance provider that provides storage, server and networking maintenance for IT data centers, alongside GTCR, and the acquisition by Park Place Technologies of SMS/Curvature.
- Represented Gordon Brothers, a global advisory, restructuring, and investment firm specializing in the industrial, consumer products, and retail sectors, in an investment in Gordon Brothers by funds managed by Stone Point Capital.
- Represented Groupe Rocher in its acquisition of Arbonne International, a leader in direct selling of botanically based beauty, personal care and nutrition products.
- Represented Lightower Fiber Networks, a leading provider of fiber solutions, in its US$1.9 billion acquisition of Fibertech Networks, a provider of fiber optic-based network services, and its US$7.1 billion acquisition by Crown Castle.
- Represented LPL Financial, a leading retail investment advisory firm, in the acquisition of National Planning Holdings.
- Represented China Oceanwide Holdings Group Co., Ltd., in its acquisition of International Data Group, Inc., from its shareholders.
- Represented TA Associates in a number of transactions, including its acquisition, through its portfolio company Tectum Holdings, of A.R.E. Accessories, a fiberglass manufacturing company, its acquisition of InHealth MD Alliance, a leading independent provider of high-quality primary care physician services throughout Central and West Florida, and its acquisitions of QSR International, Palisade and Addinsoft to form Lumivero, a leading software analytics platform.
- Represented Athyrium Capital in a number of transactions, including its investments in InnovaCare Health and Leon Health.
- Represented Berkshire Partners, Advent International and Bain Capital in the acquisition and sale of Skillsoft, a provider of cloud based learning solutions.
- Represented Keurig Green Mountain in a number of acquisition and disposition transactions, including the acquisitions of Diedrich Coffee and Van Houtte and the sale of Filterfresh.
- Quoted, “Mergers & Acquisitions: A Roundtable Discussion,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (February 1, 2019)
- Quoted, “Cooper’s Take: Despite Risks, Minority Stakes Still Draw Tech Investors,” WSJ Pro Private Equity (April 13, 2018)
- Featured, “MVP: Ropes & Gray's Taylor Hart,” Law360 (December 19, 2017)
- Moderator, "Infrastructure Private Equity: Navigating Opportunities and Challenges in a Dynamic Market" panel at Harvard Business School Venture Capital & Private Equity Conference (February 4, 2023)
- JD, cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2002; Note Editor, Suffolk University Law Review
- MBA, Suffolk University, 2002
- BS (Business Administration), Trinity University, 1998
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2002
- Boston Magazine “Top Lawyers” (2021)
- Law360 “MVP in Technology” (2017)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2015-2022)
- IFLR 1000 (2014-2023)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers — Rising Stars (2010-2015)