Thomas joined Ropes & Gray in 2021. He practices in the firm's private equity group and represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, strategic investors, and public and private companies on transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, other strategic transactions and general corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Thomas practiced civil litigation at a national firm where he primarily represented defendants in a wide range of matters from receipt of complaint through trial.
Thomas maintains an active pro bono practice with a focus on representing minors seeking special immigrant juvenile status in state probate court and the U.S. Immigration Court.
- Represented Jefferson River Capital LLC in connection with its acquisition of Follett Corporation and its subsidiaries, a leading provider of education technology, services and physical and digital content.
- Represented Follett Corporation’s subsidiary Follett Higher Education in its acquisition of Willo Labs, Inc., an online education platform developer which provides digital course management services for colleges, schools and digital content providers.
- Represented Audax Private Equity's portfolio company 48Forty in connection with its acquisition of a leading pallet services provider and manufacturer in the United States.
- Advised large activist investment firm in its evaluation of a potential investment in public utilities company.
- JD, Suffolk University Law School, 2017
- BS (Business Management, minors in Sociology and Law), Bentley University, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2020
- U.S. Tax Court, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch (2022 & 2023)