Ting (Effie) Hu
Effie Hu is an attorney practicing in the corporate department of Ropes & Gray, and working out of the firm’s Shanghai office. Effie has more than seven years of experience practicing law in China, advising multinational clients and private equity firms concerning high-value domestic and cross-border transactions involving investments, mergers and acquisitions, and venture capital deals.
Over the course of her career, Effie has played an instrumental role assisting leading international companies to assess and complete cross-border investments and mergers and acquisitions.
Effie has similarly extensive experience advising clients undertaking pre-IPO restructurings, and in the structuring of joint ventures. In this context, Effie advises clients concerning off-shore funds, the financing of RMB funds and venture capital investments in a diverse range of industries that spans telecommunications, e-commerce, publication, health care, travel, digital security, and real estate, among others.
Effie passed the PRC Bar Exam. She is a native speaker of both Mandarin and Shanghainese, and is fluent in English.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented Aier Eye Hospital Group Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of a 75 percent stake in Wang Vision Institute for $18 million.
- Represented CITIC Capital in the consortium for the $600 million acquisition of the sexual health division of Australia-listed medical products supplier Ansell.
- Represented Shunhua Vacuum Coating in connection with the sale of Axilone, a Europe-headquartered packaging supplier to the cosmetics industry.
- Represented a multinational investment bank and financial services company in the series D investment in Meican, an online catering service provider, and Series C investment in Klook, a Hong Kong based online travel agency.
- Represented CMC in the series B investment in a social networking service provider, and Series D investment in Kuaikan, a leading online comics platform.
- Represented MBK Partners in the series D investment in a leading oncology medical data solutions provider.