Vernie Hsu joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as an associate in the private equity transactions group in New York. Vernie has experience in public and private company mergers and acquisitions, asset and stock purchases and corporate governance.
Prior to joining the firm, Vernie was a corporate associate at the New York office of one of the premier U.S. law firms, where she advised clients on mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, derivatives matters and corporate governance.
Matters prior to joining Ropes & Gray include:
- Represented a publicly-listed chemicals company:
- In its year-long tax-free reorganization
- In the IPO/spin-off of one of its major business segments
- In an accelerated share repurchase agreement with a leading international bank
- Represented a large, privately-held medical devices company in its sale to a publicly-listed medical devices company
- Represented a privately-held European holding company:
- In a block sale of foreign, publicly-listed shares traded on the Brussels Exchange
- In a prepaid forward transaction with a leading international bank
- Represented a publicly-listed oil and gas company in its public offering of registered debt
- Represented a publicly-listed liquefied natural gas carrier and its master limited partnership:
- In connection with a shelf registration on Form F-3
- In a public offering of common units
- In a public offering of preferred shares