Zach joined Ropes & Gray in 2019 and is an associate in the firm’s private equity group. Zach represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and equity investments, as well as general corporate matters. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Zach was a private equity associate in the New York office of an international law firm.
Notable transactions in which Zach has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Harvest Partners and its portfolio companies in a variety of matters including:
- in its acquisition of EyeCare Services Partners Holdings LLC, a portfolio company of Varsity Healthcare Partners and the nation’s largest vertically integrated ophthalmologic services company;
- in its sale of Athletico Physical Therapy, a Chicago-based, clinician-owned physical therapy business to BDT Capital Partners, a U.S. merchant bank;
- in its acquisition of Material Handling Services, LLC, a provider of brand-independent repair, maintenance and fleet management services to retail, manufacturing, distribution, healthcare and hospitality companies;
- in its acquisition of Neighborly, a leading franchisor of 22 service brands, focused on repairing, maintaining and enhancing consumers’ homes and businesses;
- in its acquisition of DCA Investment, and subsequent add-on acquisition of North East Dental Management, a portfolio company, alongside DCA Investment, a leading dental support organization, from Sentinel Capital Partners;
- in its acquisition, sale and reinvestment of VetCor, one of the largest operators of veterinary hospitals in the U.S. alongside Oak Partners Group, a global private markets investment manager, in its acquisition;
- in its investment in DTI, a portfolio company of OMERS Private Equity, to fund the US$1 billion acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc.; and
- in its sale of BHI Energy, a leading specialty utility services company, to AE Industrial Partners.
- Roark Capital Group and its portfolio company Arby’s Restaurant Group, in Arby’s US$2.9 billion acquisition of Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BWLD), an established international owner, operator and franchisor of quick-service restaurants.
- Investcorp, a leading global provider and manager of alternative investment products
- (i) in its majority investment in ICR, LLC, a leading strategic communications and advisory company; and
- (ii) in its co-acquisition of CVC Capital Partners’ ownership stake in AlixPartners.
- Partners Group in its US$1 billion acquisition of PCI Pharma Services, a leading global provider of outsourced pharmaceutical services.
- FRHI Holdings Limited, Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) and Kingdom Holding Company of Saudi Arabia in the US$2.9 billion stock-and-cash sale of FRHI, the parent company of luxury hotel brands Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel, to AccorHotels.
- Global Infrastructure Partners on its acquisition of Medallion Gathering & Processing, LLC, the owner of the largest, privately held crude oil transportation system in the Midland Basin of West Texas
- Saudi Refining Inc. (SRI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco), in the discontinuation of Motiva Enterprises LLC and the division of Motiva's assets, liabilities and businesses between SRI and affiliates of its joint venture partner, Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, 2012
- BA, Stanford University, 2007
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch (2021)