Andris Ivanovs is temporarily on a full-time client secondment.
Andris Ivanovs joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 as an associate in the litigation and enforcement practice group. Andris has experience advising clients on compliance with anti-corruption laws, anti-money laundering laws as well as sanctions and export/trade controls. Andris regularly counsels companies conducting cross-border internal and regulatory investigations, compliance risk assessments and pre-acquisition due diligence in M&A transactions. Andris has represented clients in the energy, life sciences, consumer goods and financial services sectors.
Prior to joining the firm, Andris was an associate at the London office of an international law firm. As part of his training contract, Andris was seconded to the legal department of a global pharmaceutical company where he advised on a range of commercial and regulatory matters.
Notable matters in which Andris has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advising private equity funds on the pre-investment anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and sanctions due diligence on candidate portfolio companies and post-investment compliance monitoring of portfolio companies.
- Acting for multinational companies in the research analytics, pharmaceutical and consumer goods industries on investigations into potential violations of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act or the UK Bribery Act as well as their internal anti-corruption policies and procedures, particularly in the Russia & CIS region.
- Advised multinational pharmaceutical, energy, defence and consumer goods companies on conducting anti-corruption risk assessments and enhancing their global anti-corruption compliance policies and procedures.
- Advised multinational defence and energy companies on conducting sanctions and export controls risk assessments and enhancing their sanctions and export controls compliance policies and procedures.
- Advising banking, mining, chemicals and energy companies on the application of the EU financial and sectoral sanctions on Russia and Iran to their business activities.
- Assisted multinational companies facing investigations commenced by the US Office of Foreign Asset Control and the Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security.
- Assisted individuals navigating concurrent investigations by US and UK enforcement authorities.
- Co-author, “Monitorships in the United Kingdom,” The Guide to Monitorships, first edition (2019)
- Co-author, “Managing Corruption Risks Facing Healthcare Companies in Eastern Europe,” The Anti-Corruption Report (June 12, 2019)
- Quoted, “Will the EU improve its monitoring of money-laundering threats?,” Compliance Week (December 27, 2018)
- Quoted, “Europe Ends Scandal-Plagued 2018 With Plan to Target Money Laundering,” The Wall Street Journal (December 27, 2018)
- Quoted, “EU crackdown will not clean up dirty money, experts say,” The Times (December 21, 2018)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- Legal Practice Course, Distinction, The University of Law, Birmingham, 2014
- LLB (Law), First Class, University of Warwick, 2013