Traci J. Irvin
Traci Irvin, an associate in the litigation department, focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, white collar and government investigations, and data privacy matters. She is experienced in all phases of litigation on both the plaintiff- and defendant-side, including pre-litigation claim assessment, fact and expert discovery, pre-trial motion practice, settlement negotiations, and trial. She has taken and defended depositions and argued motions in court.
Traci regularly represents employers in a variety of employment-related disputes, including wage-and-hour class actions, wrongful termination, and collective bargaining. She also represents companies and individuals in government enforcement actions, internal investigations, insider trading investigations, anti-corruption assessments and investigations, civil litigation relating to Federal securities laws, and other complex commercial disputes. Traci has extensive experience assisting clients in responding to data security breaches, including preservation efforts and forensic investigations, as well as in litigation resulting from data security breaches. She has a wide range of clients in the health care, private equity, hedge funds, retail, and hospitality industries.
Traci originally joined the litigation department in 2012. She rejoined the firm in 2018 after working for a trial boutique.
- Represented former property owner in a two-week arbitration involving alleged environmental contamination and clean up.
- Represented multiple employers in class actions alleging violations of California wage-and-hour laws.*
- Represented product designer in litigation alleging breach of a royalty agreement and other tortious conduct.*
- Negotiated a favorable pre-litigation settlement on behalf of a food and beverage company accused of making false and misleading statements regarding its products.*
- Represented Target in responding to card brand inquiries and defending card issuer class action litigation stemming the data security breach announced in 2013.
- Represented multiple private equity advisors in SEC investigations and exams regarding fees and expenses.
- Defended hotel chain and national retailer against claims arising from the Federal Trade Commission and third parties following data security breaches.
- Conducted anti-corruption assessment for leading children’s clothing retailer.
- Conducted an internal investigation into allegations of insider trading.
- Represented a multi-national pharmaceutical company in an independent investigation into allegations of corruption in China
- Successfully represented a global investment management firm pursuing payment on defaulted bonds issued by a sovereign nation.
- Successfully represented a pharmaceutical device manufacturer in obtaining summary judgment.
- Co-author, “Recent Trends in Securities Class Action Lawsuits Filed Against,” Bloomberg BNA “Securities Regulation & Law Report” (July 18, 2016)
- JD, The University of Chicago Law School, 2012; Caplan Fellow; Ann Watson Barber Outstanding Service Award; Edwin F. Mandel Award
- BA (Political Science and Spanish), cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 2009