Vito A. Iaia
Vito represents clients in complex commercial disputes, government enforcement actions, internal investigations, and compliance matters. His clients include health care and pharmaceutical companies, private equity firms and their portfolio companies, and asset managers. Vito also advises on anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and trade-control risks in cross-border transactions, and maintains an active pro bono practice.
Vito has represented clients under investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, and other federal and state authorities. He has experience advising clients in the pharmaceutical, medical device, and energy sectors on compliance with the False Claims Act, the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and state consumer protection laws.
Prior to law school, Vito served as an aide to multiple members of the U.S. Congress and spent several years as an executive of a hospitality company in Washington, D.C.
- Representing a Fortune 250 company in a contract and consumer-fraud suit stemming from a data security breach.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company related to parallel DOJ and SEC fraud investigations.
- Advising multiple companies in connection with global anti-corruption and sanctions-focused risk assessments.
- Represented an executive of a Japanese medical device manufacturer in a major U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Food & Drug Administration investigation.
- Negotiated a multi-million dollar resolution for a major pharmaceutical company in in a complex commercial dispute involving widespread fraud.
- Develops anti-corruption and third-party compliance programs for clients with operations in high risk countries.
- Representing petitioner challenge indefinite detention by Immigration and Customs Enforcement in habeas corpus proceedings.
- Representing renewal applicants for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- JD, The University of Chicago Law School, 2017
- BA, Le Moyne College, 2009