David Johns joined Ropes & Gray in 2019 as an associate in the tax and benefits group, focusing on UK corporate tax and international tax matters.
David has experience advising domestic and international clients on complex UK tax matters arising from a broad range of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, finance and restructuring transactions and private equity fund structuring, in addition to general advisory work.
- Advised 3i Group plc on its c. £125 million investment alongside management for a majority stake in MPM, an international leader in branded, premium, natural pet food
- Advised Integrated Media Company (IMC), a TPG platform dedicated to the new media ecosystem, on the acquisition of a majority stake in Goal from the DAZN Group
- Co-author, “INSIGHT: Virtual Board Meetings and Remote Work—Managing Unintended Tax Risks,” Bloomberg Law (April 22, 2020)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, BPP Law School, 2015
- GDL, University of Law, 2013
- BSc (Biology), First Class, University of Bath, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2017