Kassie Jordan is an associate in Ropes & Gray's litigation department.
During law school, Kassie interned at the appeals division of the New York County District Attorney’s Office and served as managing director of A Jailhouse Lawyer’s Manual, a student-run publication created for incarcerated individuals. She also externed at both the criminal division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York and the labor and employment division of the New York City Law Department.
Additionally, Kassie was a research assistant at the Columbia University Center for Public Research and Leadership, competed on the Society for Immigrant and Refugee Rights moot court team, and served as president of the Columbia Law Soccer Club.
- Regularly assists leading multinational financial services firm in connection with regulatory inquiries, audits, and exams, with a focus on futures and swaps products.
- Member of litigation team representing a limited liability company’s CEO and majority unit holder in complex commercial litigation and trial in the Delaware Court of Chancery, relating to claims concerning contractual interpretation, fiduciary duties, and reformation of limited liability company agreement.
- Represents variety of clients—including individuals, financial services institutions, and investment managers—in connection with regulatory and governmental inquiries, investigations, and enforcement.
- Representing autism early intervention provider in connection with subcontractor billing dispute.
- Conducts due diligence for private equity firms and other clients pursuing acquisitions, purchases, and investments, with a focus on international anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and sanctions risk assessment.
- Conducts international anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and sanctions risk monitoring of various client portfolio companies.
- Assisted international company with responses and productions in connection with U.S. Customs and Border Patrol audit of various importing activities.
Pro Bono Practice
- Representing a domestic violence survivor in uncontested divorce proceedings, successfully resolving a related lease dispute between the client and her landlord.
- Secured favorable result for client seeking de novo review of U.S. citizenship naturalization application in Massachusetts federal court, as the DOJ remanded client’s case back to USCIS for reconsideration.
- Obtained a favorable settlement in Kings County Family Court for client facing adverse determination in neglect proceedings.
- Co-author, “Piling On? Examining the Reality of Multi-Jurisdictional FCPA Resolutions,” The Anti-Corruption Report (July 11, 2018)