Tom Jackson joined Ropes & Gray in 2019 as an associate in the litigation and enforcement practice group in London. Tom focuses his practice on civil and criminal government enforcement matters and internal investigations for a wide range of clients in the life sciences, consumer goods, technology and financial services industries. Tom advises clients on compliance with anti-bribery/anti-corruption laws, anti-money laundering laws, trade compliance and other regulatory issues. He regularly assists clients with conducting internal investigations, compliance audits and risk assessments, as well as helping clients conduct transactional due diligence and devise post-investment compliance integration plans.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Tom was an associate at the London office of another international law firm. During his time at a previous firm, Tom was seconded to the legal team of a global pharmaceutical company.
Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Assisted an investment fund in conducting pre-investment risk-based anti-bribery, anti-money laundering and trade compliance due diligence on potential portfolio companies across Europe, North America and Asia, including advising on post-investment compliance monitoring and remediation efforts with respect to those portfolio companies.
- Advised a construction client in connection with an internal investigation concerning alleged improper payments made to business partners in the Middle East.
- Regularly advises companies in a range of sectors, including the pharmaceutical, construction and defence industries, on conducting compliance risk assessments and strengthening their anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and trade compliance policies and procedures.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a leading multinational consumer goods company focused on alleged violations of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act in Southeast Asia.
- Advised a media client on compliance with the Fourth and Fifth EU Money Laundering Directives.
- Advised a multinational life sciences company with respect to investigations by the US Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission relating to alleged breaches of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Assisted a listed drug discovery and development company with an internal investigation regarding alleged misleading statements made to the financial markets.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, 2013
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School, 2012
- BA (History), Balliol College, University of Oxford, 2011