Angela Jaimes is an associate in the corporate department and a member of the firm’s asset management group. Angela focuses her practice on representing registered investment companies and investment advisers in regulatory, transactional and compliance matters. She provides advice regarding the creation, registration and operation of new and existing investment products designed for institutional or retail investors.
Angela also has an active pro bono practice, representing individuals in asylum, immigration and debt collection matters.
Prior to law school, Angela worked at Discover Financial Services as the manager of an internal audit team. She has extensive experience in operations and compliance within the financial services industry.
- Represented several large mutual fund complexes in a variety of different matters, including fund disclosure, regulatory filings, compliance matters, the organization of new funds, fund reorganizations, board matters, and advisory, sub-advisory and other service provider arrangements.
- Drafted and advised on SEC filings for registered funds and investment advisers, including registration statements, shareholder reports and exemptive applications.
- Counseled fund clients on board administration and meeting preparation.
- Advised open- and closed-end funds in connection with credit facilities required to temporarily finance the purchase or sale of securities.
- George Raine and Angela Jaimes, “Regulatory Pitfalls and Practicalities in Side-by-Side Management of Registered and Private Funds,” The Investment Lawyer (August 2019)
- JD, cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2015
- BS (Industrial Engineering), Northwestern University, 2005