Christine M. Joyce
Christine Joyce advises employers in the design, implementation and administration of retirement plans and other benefit programs. Christine’s clients include health care systems, educational institutions, for profit corporations, and non-profit organizations of all sizes.
Christine is a principal and consulting actuary in the Firm's Benefits Consulting Group. Her areas of focus include the design, funding, compliance, and administration of qualified defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. She has considerable experience evaluating tax-deferred retirement plans for compliance with the Internal Revenue Code coverage and nondiscrimination requirements. In addition, she is involved in assisting clients with the preparation of governmental compliance and correction program filings.
She is also a member of the Firm’s executive compensation practice where she aids in the design, administration and analysis of executive compensation arrangements and non-qualified retirement plans. Further, Christine is experienced in analyzing golden parachute payments under Internal Revenue Code section 280G.
- Coverage and Nondiscrimination Testing: Christine often helps plan sponsors analyze their benefit programs in connection with the complex testing requirements of the Internal Revenue Code. Recent projects include assisting a large university client with multiple benefit plans demonstrate compliance with the complex testing requirements for both their retirement and tuition programs.
- Executive Compensation: Christine assists clients in the design and implementation of executive retirement plans and individual executive employment agreements for both for profit and not-for-profit clients. In addition, she supports the firm’s transaction practice by performing golden parachute calculations.
- Traditional Actuarial Services: Christine serves as the actuary for qualified defined benefit plans and retiree health and welfare programs - determining cash costs, calculating accounting expense, assisting in preparation of government forms, and assisting with routine plan administration.
- Presenter at the New England Employee Benefits Council on ERISA Reporting and Disclosure
- BS (Engineering), University at Buffalo, State University of New York, 1986