Ishan joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 and is an associate in the firm’s private equity group. Ishan represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and equity investments, as well as general corporate matters. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Ishan was a private equity associate in the New York office of another premier U.S. law firm.
- Represented American Industrial Partners on the sale of The Cabinetworks Group to Platinum Equity.
- Represented Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in connection with its investment, alongside Merck GHI and McKesson Ventures, in M2GEN, a leading oncology data and informatics platform focused on transforming cancer care.
- Represented American Industrial Partners on the sale of the sale of AHF Products.
- Advised New Mountain Capital in its growth partnership with Emmes.
- Advised New Mountain Capital and its portfolio company The Emmes Company (Emmes), a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization (CRO), in Emmes' acquisition of Essex Management.
- Advised Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in a joint venture with Humana’s CenterWell Senior Primary Care.
- Represented Welsh Carson, Anderson & Stowe in its sale of remaining shares in Shields Health Solutions to Walgreens Boots Alliance.
- Advised New Mountain Capital in its acquisition of Classic Collision, a leading multi-site operator of collision repair facilities.*
- Advised Vestar Capital Partners and its portfolio company Woodstream Corporation in its acquisition of DynaTrap.*
- Advised The Jordan Company and portfolio company GlobalTranz in its acquisition of Circle 8 Logistics, a leading transportation and logistics services company.*
- Advised Fortive Corporation in the combination of its Tektronix Video business, a global leader in video test, with Telestream, a leading provider of digital media tools and workflow solutions.*
- Advised Apax Capital Partners in its investment in Fractal Analytics, a global provider of advanced analytics solutions.*
- Advised Eurazeo SE in its acquisition of Elemica, a leading cloud-enabled digital supply network.*
- Advised Bain Capital in its investment in Brillio Holdings, a leading digital technology consulting and solutions company.*
- Advised Norwegian Cruise Lines on certain aspects of its procurement of $2 billion of liquidity in response to impact of the COVID-19 global pandemic on the company and the cruise industry.*
- Advised Roark Capital Group and Arby's Restaurant Group in the $2.9 billion acquisition of Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc., owner, operator and franchisor of the global chain of Buffalo Wild Wings restaurants.*
- Advised Investcorp in its majority investment in ICR, LLC, a leading strategic communications and advisory company.*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- LLM, Columbia Law School, 2016; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- BA, LLB (Hons), Gujarat National Law University, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2017