Lan Jiangzhou is an associate in the private equity transactions group and a registered foreign lawyer in the Hong Kong office. Before joining the firm, Lan trained at a leading international law firm.
Lan assists the private equity transaction team on a broad range of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity investments, advising Chinese and multinational corporate clients, investment banks and private equity funds.
- CMC Capital Partners in connection with its preferred equity minority investments in education and TMT sectors in China
- NetEase Music in its Series B1 financing
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Kofu International Limited and Concord Greater China Limited in their HK$22.4 billion (US$2.88 billion) sale of an aggregate 36.16% direct and indirect interest in Hong Kong-listed Sun Art Retail Group Limited, one of China’s largest hypermarket retailers, to Taobao China Holding Limited, a subsidiary of Alibaba Group
- A leading multinational beverage corporation in its Series D preferred share investment in a leading online beverage company in China
- LDC (China) Trading Company Limited, a subsidiary of Louis Dreyfus Company, in its acquisition of 100% of the equity interests of Sinarmas Natural Resources Foodstuff Technology (Tianjin) Co., Ltd.
- LLM, Harvard Law School, 2016
- LLB, Tsinghua University Law School, 2015; Editor-in-chief, Tsinghua China Law Review
Admissions / Qualifications
- Hong Kong, Registered Foreign Lawyer (New York), 2019
- New York, 2019
- State of New York Supreme Court