Michael Jurasic joined Ropes & Gray LLP in 2001 and concentrates on state and federal securities law. Michael is counsel in the asset management group. His practice focuses on all areas of state securities law and on related areas of federal securities laws applicable to registered and unregistered securities offerings. He also concentrates on regulatory matters concerning the activities of broker-dealers, investment advisers, private investment funds and other financial entities.
Mr. Jurasic has extensive experience advising financial service companies on broker-dealer and investment adviser matters arising under federal and state securities laws and self-regulatory organizational rules, including supervisory and compliance policies and procedures, business expansions, regulatory inquiries, examinations and investigations, internal compliance reviews, financial and operational matters and disclosure issues. His experience includes advising clients with structuring, formation, and licensing of securities firms with the SEC, FINRA (formerly NASD) and state securities administrators, and with mergers and acquisitions involving broker-dealers. Mr. Jurasic also has strong experience in state and federal regulatory and enforcement matters.
Mr. Jurasic represents issuers (including start-up companies, operating companies, hedge funds, private equity funds) and underwriters in securities law issues relating to public offerings, private offerings, mergers and acquisitions and reorganizations.
- Quoted, “Incoming NASAA chief prepares states for expanded responsibility,” Compliance Reporter (May 15, 2018)
- Panelist, Massachusetts Bar Association Continuing Legal Education program on the treatment of finders and other intermediaries as broker-dealers under federal securities laws
- LLM (Banking and Financial Law), Boston University School of Law, 2001
- JD, Syracuse University College of Law, 1997; Executive Editor, Syracuse University Journal of Legislation and Policy
- BA (Hons) (Political Science), The University of Western Ontario, 1993