William D. Jewett
Bill Jewett is a partner in the firm’s tax & benefits department focusing on ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation. He advises employers, investment managers, and financial institutions on a wide range of ERISA matters, including fiduciary conduct, prohibited transactions, investments and financial products. He has helped a number of clients obtain IRS private letter rulings and Department of Labor prohibited transaction exemptions.
Bill regularly represents clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions and related compensation and benefits matters. He represents both public and private companies in connection with employee benefit matters, including tax and benefits planning and compliance. He also provides regular compensation and benefits advice to a variety of tax-exempt clients, including foundations and universities.
- Co-author, “The Department of Labor’s Conflict of Interest Project: The Public Debate and Its Implications for the Final Rule,” Tax Management Compensation Planning Journal, Bloomberg BNA, (Nov. 6, 2015 )
- JD, Yale Law School, 2001
- PhD, Yale University, 1991
- M Phil, Yale University, 1986
- BA, Yale University, 1982