Danna R. Kivell
Danna R. Kivell is a partner in the firm’s tax & benefits department in New York. Danna advises both public and private company clients on executive compensation, management equity and other incentives, deferred compensation, and other compensatory and employee benefit arrangements. In that regard, she represents clients in connection with all aspects of the design, compliance and administration of employee benefit and executive compensation matters.
Danna also regularly represents clients in connection with compensation and benefits-related issues that arise in the context of mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
Representative clients and matters include advising:
- TPG Capital in connection with executive compensation and employee benefits matters relating to its portfolio companies, and in connection with mergers and acquisitions, including its
- acquisition of Mediware Information Systems, Inc., a leading provider of software solutions for health and human resources organizations, and add-on acquisition of Kinnser Software, Inc.
- proposed IPO and subsequent sale of Aptalis Holdings, Inc., a leading specialty pharmaceutical company, to Forest Laboratories.
- proposed IPO and subsequent sale of Petco Holdings, Inc., a leading specialty retailer of pet food, supplies, services and companion animals, to CVC Capital Partners and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
- New Mountain Capital in connection with executive compensation and employee benefits matters relating to its portfolio companies, and in connection with mergers and acquisitions, including its
- acquisition of Cytel, Inc., a leading global provider of innovative analytical software and services to the life sciences industry.
- acquisition of Topix Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a leading provider of innovative therapeutic and cosmetic skin care products.
- add-on acquisition by Convey Health Solutions, Inc., a leading provider of technology and services for the Medicare Advantage and Part D markets, of Gorman Health Group.
- add-on acquisition by CIOX Health of ArroHealth, a leading provider of chart retrieval and risk adjustment services for health plans and provider groups.
- CCMP Capital Advisors in connection with its acquisition of Badger Sportswear, Inc., a leading provider of superior-quality team uniforms and performance athletic wear, and add-on acquisition of Alleson of Rochester, Inc., a leading manufacturer of in-stock uniforms and apparel.
- Avista Capital Partners in connection with its carve-out acquisition of UnitedBiosource LLC, a leading provider of pharmaceutical and patient support services, from Express Scripts, Inc.
- Bain Capital in connection with its sale of TWCC Holdings, Inc., the products and technology division of The Weather Channel Companies, to IBM.
- Affiliated Managers Group, a global asset management company that partners with outstanding alpha-generating independent firms, in connection with executive compensation matters.
- LPL Financial Holdings Inc., the parent company of the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer network, in connection with executive compensation matters.
- Castanea Partners in connection with mergers and acquisitions, including its
- acquisition of The Bruery LLC, a craft brewery specializing in seasonal, year round, barrel aged, preserved, regional, sour, wild, and fermented beer.
- acquisition of Yasso, Inc., a manufacturer of novelty low-calorie, high protein ice cream bars.
- investment in Tatcha LLC, a producer of luxury skincare and heritage beauty products.
- Berkshire Partners in connection with mergers and acquisition, including its
- acquisition of Accela, Inc., a provider of a cloud-based platform of solutions for communities from ABRY Partners.
- acquisition of Curriculum Associates, Inc., a designer of research-based print and online instructional materials.
- acquisition of Parts Town, a distributor of parts for the food service industry, from Summit Partners.
- acquisition of Affordable Care, Inc., a dental practice management company, from American Capital.
- Surgery Partners, Inc., a healthcare services company, in connection with executive compensation matters, and in connection with its acquisition of National Surgical Healthcare and its related issuance of preferred stock to Bain Capital.
- H.I.G. Capital in its
- acquisition of Universal Fiber Systems, Inc., a producer of solution-dyed synthetic filament-based fibers.
- acquisition of VIP Cinema Holding, Inc., a leading designer and assembler of premium seating solutions for the global cinema industry.
- Wright Medical Group Inc., a global medical device company, in connection with executive compensation and benefits matters relating to its merger of equals with Tornier N.V.