Hannah Kerr-Peterson, associate in Ropes & Gray’s European life sciences practice, concentrates her practice on the regulation of pharmaceutical, medical device and digital health technologies in the UK and at the EU level. Hannah advises clients in relation to product classification, clinical research, product approval, manufacturing, distribution, advertising and promotion, safety vigilance, and pricing and reimbursement, as well as product life cycle management, product acquisition, and risk and crisis management. She also regularly assists clients to resolve disputes with various regulatory bodies including NHS England, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the Prescription Medicines Code of Practice Authority.
Prior to studying law, Hannah obtained a first class degree with honours in Pharmacology and Molecular Genetics from King’s College London.
- Assisted Partners Group on its acquisition of Pharmathen, a European pharmaceutical company, from international investment firm BC Partners on behalf of its clients. The transaction values Pharmathen at an enterprise value of around EUR1.6 billion
- Assisted a multinational pharmaceutical company with its provision of information to, and cooperation with, the Infected Blood Inquiry*
- Assisted a multinational pharmaceutical company in an advanced-stage Prescription Medicines Code of Practice Authority complaint, which concerned an allegation that the company had offered inducements to healthcare professionals in return for their prescription of its medicinal products*
- Assisted a number of senior employees of an international pharmaceutical company who were the focus of a Serious Fraud Office investigation into bribery and corruption overseas*
- Drafted and negotiated a range of commercial contracts including a product supply and apheresis services agreements for a novel CAR-T therapy, distribution agreements and manufacturing agreements*
- Assisted numerous clients with preparations for Brexit including, for example, the impact on pan-European clinical trials, supply chains and the Northern Ireland protocol*
- Assisted numerous clients to navigate the obstacles and opportunities posed by the coronavirus pandemic*
- Assisted numerous clients with proceedings before the European Courts: T-33/17 Amicus Therapeutics UK Ltd; Amicus Therapeutics v European Medicines Agency; T-733/17 GMP-Orphan SA v European Commission and Appeal Case C-575/19P; T-337/18 Intercept Pharma Ltd, Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc v European Medicines Agency*
- Provided regulatory support to AmerisourceBergen Corporation on its $6.47 billion acquisition of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc’s wholesale distribution business in Europe, together with specified pre-wholesale services, as well as certain pharmacy operations in Lithuania, the Netherlands and Norway*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, University of Law, 2015
- GDL, BPP University, 2013
- BSc (Pharmacology and Molecular Genetics), King's College London, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2017