Health care associate Julie Kvedar joined Ropes & Gray's New York office as a member of the class of 2020. While in law school, Julie served as the senior notes & submissions editor of the Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal. She also worked as a student attorney in the USC International Human Rights Clinic. In 2018, Julie interned on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. Additionally, Julie served as vice president of the USC Health Law Society during the 2018-2019 academic year.
Prior to law school, Julie obtained a Master of Public Health from Columbia University. She also worked in the health care world for several years, starting as a research assistant at Partners HealthCare in Boston, MA. She then worked at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY, serving as a health education specialist and managing a primary care clinic.
- Advised private equity clients during health care transactions in the medical device, physical therapy, women’s health, clinical research, and health care software industries.
- Advised health care organizations regarding compliance with HIPAA and state data privacy laws, federal and state fraud and abuse laws, and state data breach notification requirements.
- Advised clients on cross-border transactions and regulatory compliance matters spanning the United States, the European Union, the United Kingdom, and Asia.
- Advised COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers on matters involving vaccine testing and distribution.
- Advised pro bono clients in asylum, human trafficking, and reproductive justice matters.
- “Back to the Grind: Rethinking Grindr’s Accountability for User Content,” 29 Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal 3, 541 (2020)
- JD, University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2020; Senior Notes & Submissions Editor, Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal
- MPH, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, 2017; Certificate: Sexual & Reproductive Health
- BA (Psychology), Vanderbilt University, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2021