Aditya joined the finance group of Ropes & Gray’s London office in June 2012 prior to which he worked in a leading U.S. law firm in New York and London. Aditya has experience working on a wide range of corporate transactions including securities offerings, leveraged acquisition financings, liability management transactions and restructurings in the U.S., Europe and Asia. He has significant experience in executing SEC registered securities offerings and unregistered U.S., European and cross-border high yield debt offerings (Rule 144A and Regulation S transactions) acting for issuers and initial purchasers, as well as advising sponsors and banks in relation to financing commitments for leveraged acquisitions. Aditya also regularly advises clients on the financing aspects of restructuring matters.
- Acting for Altice France in connection with the financing aspects of its multi-part transaction to significantly simplify the Altice group’s capital structure, including a €2.1 billion equivalent offering of senior notes and senior secured notes, a multi-tranche exchange offer for €1.4 billion and $1.6 billion of notes issued by Altice Luxembourg and the automatic flip-up of €1.6 billion of senior notes to a new holding company of Altice France
- Acting for Altice Europe in connection with the financing aspects relating to the sale of equity stakes in their telecommunications towers businesses in France and Portugal
- Acting for Altice USA in connection with the financing aspects of the combination of the Suddenlink (Cequel) and Optimum (Cablevision) credit groups under a single credit silo to simplify it structure and operations, involving exchange offers and consent solicitations with respect to six tranches of Suddenlink notes in an amount of $5.5 billion. Ropes & Gray was awarded the Transatlantic Finance Team of the Year at the Legal Week Transatlantic Awardsin connection with its representation of Altice USA on this transaction
- Acting for CSC Holdings, LLC, a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation and Altice USA, Inc., on the offering of $1 billion senior guaranteed notes in connection with the separation of Altice USA from Altice N.V.
- Acting for Altice in connection with the US$8.6 billion bank and bond financing and related debt and equity financing transactions to finance Altice’s acquisition of a majority ownership in Cablevision Systems Corporation, a U.S. cable systems operator, and several subsequent debt financing transactions involving Cablevision Systems Corporation and CSC Holdings, LLC
- Acting for Altice in connection with the US$1.7 billion bond offering and related financing transactions to finance Altice’s acquisition of a majority ownership in Suddenlink, a U.S. cable systems operator, and several subsequent debt financing transactions involving Suddenlink
- Acting for Altice and Altice France in their jumbo US$21.9 billion cross-border bank and bond financing for the acquisition of French telecoms operator SFR, and several subsequent debt financing transactions involving Altice France, including its US$5.1 billion high yield bond offering (representing the largest single high yield bond tranche ever issued)
- Acting for Altice and Altice International on the cross-border bank and bond financing for the acquisition by Altice of PT Portugal SGPS, S.A. and certain other entities that make up the Portugal Telecom Group, a leading provider of integrated telecommunication services to residential and corporate customers in Portugal from Oi S.A.
- Acting for Altice and Altice International on the financing for the acquisition by Altice of Orange Dominicana and Tricom, leading providers of telecommunication services in the Dominican Republic
- Acting for Altice and Altice International on the financing for the acquisition by Altice of Groupe Outremer Telecom S.A.
- Acting for Altice and Altice International on the financing in connection with Altice’s take-private of Hot Telecommunication-Systems Ltd., a leading provider of telecommunication services to residential and corporate customers in Israel
- Acting for Altice Europe in connection with its initial public offering and listing on Euronext Amsterdam
- Acting for SEB (Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB) in connection with an incremental facility to the existing revolving credit facility of Intrum, a leading provider of credit management services and solutions
- Acting for Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and the other initial purchasers in connection with the offerings of €1.6 billion of senior notes offering due 2027 by Intrum
- Acting for J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs and the other initial purchasers in connection with the $750 million offering of senior notes by First Quantum Minerals Limited, a leading international mining and metals company
- Acting for J.P. Morgan and the other initial purchasers in connection with the $1.85 billion offering of senior notes by First Quantum Minerals Limited, a leading international mining and metals company
- Acting for Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley and the other initial purchasers in connection with the €3 billion (equivalent) offering of Senior Notes by Intrum Justitia AB in connection with its merger with Lindorff, creating the leading credit management provider in Europe with operations in 23 countries
- Acting for J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and the other underwriters in connection with the initial public offering of Altice USA, Inc. and listing on the NYSE
- Acting for Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Nordea in connection with the €1.45 billion financing of Nordic Capital’s acquisition of a majority stake in Norway-based Lindorff, one of Europe’s leading providers of debt related administrative services, and subsequent add-on issuances
- Acting for an ad hoc group of senior secured noteholders in the Chapter 11 restructuring of Global A&T Electronics Ltd.’s $1.1 billion of secured liabilities.
- Acting for a steering committee of noteholders on the restructuring of notes and other liabilities of Mongolian Mining Corporation
- Acting for the ad hoc committee of Senior Unsecured Noteholders of Towergate Insurance in connection with its financial restructuring
- Acting for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of the Lundy Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group
Notable transactions in which Aditya has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for the initial purchasers in connection with a Rule 144A/Reg. S offering of senior secured notes by a special purpose vehicle, to be on-lent to Xella (a leading German manufacturer of building materials, dry lining products and lime) via its credit facility
- Acting for EQT Partners in a Rule 144A/Reg. S offering of approximately €2.25 billion (equivalent) senior secured notes, senior secured floating rate notes and senior notes by Kabel BW, a leading cable operator in Germany, in connection with the acquisition of Kabel BW by Liberty Global
- Acting for the initial purchasers in connection with a Rule 144A/Reg. S offering of €700 million senior secured notes by a special purpose vehicle, to be on-lent to ONO, a leading provider of broadband internet, pay television and fixed telephony services in Spain, via its credit facility. The transaction was one of the first to utilize the innovative “pass through” issuance structure which has frequently been used in European high yield debt transactions
- Acting for a leading retailer of frozen food products in France in connection with its private placement of PIK notes
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with a Rule 144A/Reg. S offering of $1.2 billion and €450 million senior secured notes by the Reynolds Group (a leading global manufacturer of consumer food and beverage packaging and storage products)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LLM, Columbia University School of Law, 2008; James Kent Scholar (awarded in recognition of outstanding academic achievement)
- BA, LLB (Hons), The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata, 2005; D.S. Chimni Gold Medal in Public International Law