Alyssa Kollmeyer is counsel in the tax practice. She focuses on advising private equity and other clients on the federal income tax aspects of acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, debt and equity issuances, restructurings and other transactional tax matters. She also advises institutional and other investors on tax considerations relating to investment funds.
- Represented Bain and Blackstone in their sale of the digital business of The Weather Company to IBM.
- Represented Bain Capital in its majority equity funding of Quva Pharma Inc. and acquisition of 503B assets from Healix Inc.
- Represented Cressey & Company in its sale of VetCor Professional Practices to Harvest Partners.
- Represented Cressey & Company in its sale of Strategic Healthcare Programs to Roper Industries.
- Represented Lightower Fiber Networks in its $1.9 billion acquisition of Fibertech Networks, a provider of fiber optic-based network services.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its acquisition of Curo Health Services, a hospice care provider.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Access Information Management, a provider of records and information management services.
- Represented BV Investment Partners in its majority investment in geoLOGIC Systems Ltd., a leading creator and supplier of data and integrated software solutions to oil and gas exploration and production companies in North America.
- Represented Main Post Partners in its investment in Chuze Fitness, a gym operator with locations in California and Arizona.
- JD, summa cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2011; The Alumni Academic Achievement Award; Boston University Law Review , Editor
- BS (Business Administration with concentrations in Registered Accounting and Finance), summa cum laude, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, 2008
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2011