Ananya joined Ropes & Gray’s finance practice in December 2020. She advises clients on corporate transactions including securities offerings and leveraged acquisition financings. Prior to joining the firm, Ananya worked as a general corporate associate at a leading Indian law firm.
- Advised VTR Comunicaciones SpA, the Chilean business arm of Liberty Latin America, on a tap issuance of US$410 million senior secured notes
- Advised Goldman Sachs as underwriters in relation to NextGen's special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) IPO, with the net proceeds of the offering totalling US$343 million
- Advised a leading global infrastructure fund manager on a 100% divestment of an affiliate’s stake in a Singapore based, leading provider of solar and energy solutions in India, the Middle East, and South East Asia for approximately US$389 million*
- Advised Morgan Stanley PE Asia on investment in Five Star Business Finance Limited, a non-banking finance company, with a deal value of approximately US$100 million*
- Advised PVR, India’s leading movie exhibition business, on acquisition of 71.6% stake in SPI Cinemas Private Ltd (SPI), a leading movie operator in southern India, for approximately US$88 million. The acquisition is to be followed by a merger of SPI into PVR and allotment of PVR’s shares to the founders of SPI*
- Advised DLF Limited (DLF), India’s largest real estate and infrastructure company, in connection with the acquisition of a minority stake by an affiliate of GIC Pte. Ltd., Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, in DLF Cyber City Developers Ltd. (DCCDL), the rental business arm of DLF from the promoters of DLF, for approximately US$1.6 billion*
- Regularly advised various Indian companies on regulatory compliances and corporate governance, particularly those governed by the foreign exchange and securities regulators*
- “The Role of Economics, Valuation and Environmental Ethics in Global Conservation Regimes: A Case Study”, published in Environmental Law and Practice Review, Volume 4, 2015
- Case study titled “Fighting Poverty through Fashion”, selected as one of the top-10 case studies in the Sitaram Rao Livelihoods India Case Study Competition 2012, published in the competition’s compendium
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LLM, Columbia Law School, 2020; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Columbia Business & Law Association; Columbia Law Women’s Association; Law Revue (CLS Musical), Cast Member; Orchesis Dance Group, Member
- BA LLB (Hons), National University of Juridical Sciences, 2016; Gold Medalist- Media Law; NUJS ADR Society, Co-founder; Cultural Committee and Organizing Committee for ‘Outlawed’ (Annual Cultural Festival); University Dance Team, Member
Admissions / Qualifications
- New Delhi (India), 2017
- New York, 2021