Ben represents a variety of public and private company clients in the life sciences, technology and consumer brands industries, as well as private equity funds and investment banks specializing in these fields. Ben advises clients on a broad range of equity and debt financings, mergers & acquisitions and other strategic transactions. Ben also regularly advises clients on corporate governance, securities law compliance and disclosure matters.
- Represented McAfee, a leading cybersecurity company, in its initial public offering, the pending $4 billion sale of its enterprise security business, and ongoing corporate governance and disclosure matters.
- Represented Novavax, a vaccine company, in capital markets transactions raising over $1 billion and in multiple strategic acquisitions and collaborations to support its vaccine development programs, as well as ongoing governance and disclosure matters.
- Represented The Duckhorn Portfolio, a premier luxury wine company, in its initial public offering and ongoing corporate governance and disclosure matters.
- Represented Wright Medical, a medical device company, in multiple capital markets transactions and its $5.4 billion sale to Stryker.
- Represented Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in multiple convertible note offerings and the spin-out of its development-stage assets to Cyclerion Therapeutics.
- Represented Blue Coat, a cybersecurity company, in its 144A debt financing in connection with its acquisition by Bain Capital, its initial public offering process, and its ultimate sale to Symantec Corp.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $6.7 billion secondary equity offering and $2 billion debt offering of Regeneron, a pharmaceutical company.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $550 million initial public offering and concurrent $250 million tangible equity unit offering for Change Healthcare, a healthcare technology platform.
- Represented the lead underwriters in multiple public offerings of AVROBIO, a gene therapy company.
- Represented Petco Holdings in its initial public offering process, which culminated in its sale to CVC Capital Partners and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the initial public offering and subsequent follow-on offering of e.l.f. Beauty, a cosmetics company.
- Represented Cambrex Corporation, a manufacturer of small molecule and active pharmaceutical ingredients, in multiple strategic acquisitions.
- Represented NxStage Medical in its acquisition by Fresenius Medical Care.
- Represented the lead underwriters in numerous public and private capital markets transactions, including for Repay Holdings, AveXis, Autolus Therapeutics and Cabaletta Bio.
- Represented TPG Capital in numerous capital markets transactions, including secondary offerings of Evolent Health, Azul Airlines, Advent Software, Ultragenyx Pharmaceuticals, Cousins Properties and IQVIA.
- Represented Bain Capital in numerous capital markets transactions, including secondary offerings of Canada Goose, NortonLifeLock and IQVIA.
- JD, University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 2012
- BA (International Relations), Tulane University, 2009; cum laude