Ben represents a variety of public and private company clients in the consumer brands, data security, life sciences and emerging technology industries, as well as private equity funds and investment banks specializing in these fields. Ben advises clients in a broad range of public and private equity and debt offerings, business combinations and strategic transactions. Additionally, he regularly advises clients on securities law compliance and corporate governance matters.
- Represented Blue Coat, Inc., a leading provider of advanced web security solutions, and its private equity sponsor Bain Capital, and its 144A debt financing in connection with its acquisition by Bain, its initial public offering process, and its ultimate sale to Symantec Corp.
- Represented Petco Holdings, Inc., a leading pet specialty retailer, and its principal stockholders TPG and Leonard Green & Partners, in its initial public offering process, which culminated in its sale to CVC Capital Partners and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
- Represented NxStage Medical in its pending acquisition by Fresenius Medical Care.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the initial public offering and subsequent follow-on offering of e.l.f. Beauty, one of the fastest growing cosmetics companies in the United States.
- Represented Cambrex Corporation, a leading manufacturer of small molecule innovator and generic active pharmaceutical ingredients, in its acquisition of PharmaCore, Inc.
- Represented MicroVision, Inc., a leader in innovative ultra-miniature projection display technology, in multiple financings, including underwritten public offerings, PIPE transactions and equity lines of credit.
- Represented The Gymboree Corporation in a tender offer for its then outstanding senior unsecured notes.
- Represented Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in its convertible note offering.
- Represented TPG Capital in numerous capital markets transactions, including the initial public offerings of Evolent Health and Azul Airlines, and follow-on public offerings of Advent Software, Ultragenyx Pharmaceuticals, Cousins Properties and Quintiles IMS Holdings.
- Represented Bain Capital in numerous capital markets transactions, including its purchase of convertible promissory notes of Symantec Corp. and the secondary public offering and concurrent share repurchase of Quintiles IMS Holdings.
- JD, University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2012
- BA (International Relations), Tulane University, 2009; cum laude