Bettina joined Ropes & Gray in 2010 and is an associate in the finance group in London.
Bettina has represented sponsors, lenders and borrowers on a broad range of banking and finance transactions, including acquisition financings, project financings and restructurings.
- Acting for Altice S.A. on the financing for the acquisition by Altice of PT Portugal SGPS, S.A. and certain other entities that make up the Portugal Telecom Group, a leading provider of integrated telecommunication services to residential and corporate customers in Portugal from Oi S.A.
- Acting for Altice and Numericable Group in their jumbo US$21.9 billion cross-border bank and bond financing for the acquisition of French telecoms operator SFR.
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with its €3.95 billion equivalent dual currency loan financing package in relation to its takeover offer to acquire Dutch listed cable company Ziggo N.V. with approximate value of €10 billion.
- Advising Liberty Global plc in connection with the reorganisation and $1.4 billion financing of its Latin American operations, the Chilean cable and mobile operator VTR GlobalCom and VTR Wireless.
- Acting for JPMorgan as mezzanine lenders in connection with the add-on financing to Aenova Holding GmbH, a German pharmaceutical group owned by BC Partners, for its acquisition of Haupt Pharma.
- Acting for a consortium of mezzanine lenders in connection with a mezzanine loan to a Nordic health and social care business owned by IK Investment Partners.
- Acting for the mezzanine lenders, including Highbridge, MV Credit, Partners Group and JPMorgan, in the €1.82 billion acquisition of BSN Medical, a leading German medical supplies manufacturer, by Swedish private equity house EQT.
- Acting for Liberty Global Inc on the Unitymedia offering to exchange KbW bonds for new Unitymedia bonds in connection with the combination of the KbW Group into the Unitymedia Group together with a potential new Unitymedia bond offering for cash to fund certain redemptions.
- Acting for Vision Capital in connection with the acquisition financing consisting of a €260 million bridge loan, and subsequent issuance of senior secured notes, to finance the acquisition of Bormioli Rocco from Banco Popolare.
- Acting for The Hanover Insurance Group on the financing of its acquisition of Chaucer Holdings Plc, the UK-based insurance group.
- Acting for Telenet Finance IV Luxembourg S.C.A. on the issuance of €400 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2021.
- Acting for Liberty Global Inc. in connection with the financing for its approximate €3.16 billion acquisition of Germany's third-largest cable TV operator Kabel BW Erste Beteiligungs GmbH, from Swedish private equity group EQT Partners AB.