Catherine Keeling joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 as an associate in the firm’s data, privacy and cybersecurity practice. Prior to joining the firm, Catherine trained and worked as an associate in a Tier-1 TMT practice in another large international law firm in London. During her training contract, Catherine also spent five months on a client secondment with a global telecommunications business.
Catherine has experience advising on a range of data protection compliance matters across a number of sectors, as well as advising in relation to a variety of commercial and technology transactions.
- Advised Horizon Capital LLP on the technology and data protection aspects of its acquisition of a cloud hosting and performance management company*
- Advised CityFibre, the UK's leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure, on the commercial arrangements relating to provision of technology infrastructure and services to Vodafone*
- Drafted a range of data protection policies and advised on a range of compliance matters for a multinational music and entertainment business*
- Advised a global commercial insurance and reinsurance company on its strategic outsourcing of business-critical IT functions to a leader in digital services*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Speaker, “How to navigate data protection developments in the UK and EU – what’s next?” British Computer Society (March 2021)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, Distinction, BPP Law School, 2017
- LLB (Law), University College London, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2020