Hyesu Grace Kim
Hyesu Grace Kim joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as an associate practicing in the corporate department, working primarily in the health care group. Grace advises health care providers, investors, and other health care organizations regarding a broad range of transactional and regulatory issues.
During law school, Grace served as the Editor-in-Chief of the University of Pennsylvania Asian Law Review, as well as Conference Chair and Professional Development Co-Chair of the University of Pennsylvania Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA). She also completed the Wharton Certificate in Management and an internship with the Pennsylvania Health Law Project.
- Advised clients on corporate practice of medicine and corporate practice of dentistry issues in various states.
- Advised clients regarding change of ownership and license transfer requirements applicable to pharmacies, dental practices, and a care coordination company.
- Advised a client in the acquisition of dental practices and the formation of dental management services organizations.
- Advised a health care provider regarding reimbursement issues, including repayment and self-disclosure obligations.
- Advised a client on structuring and drafting agreements for a joint venture involving ambulatory care and imaging service lines.
- Advised a federally qualified health center on submitting a request for reconsideration in connection with a Medicare billing revocation matter.
- Counseled a nonprofit organization on filing for recognition of exemption under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Co-author, “Distributors Expose Health, Life Science Companies To FCPA Risks,” Law360 (August 14, 2018)