Hyesu Grace Kim
Hyesu Grace Kim joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as an associate practicing in the corporate department, working primarily in the health care group. Grace advises health care providers, investors, and other health care organizations regarding a broad range of transactional and regulatory issues.
During law school, Grace served as the Editor-in-Chief of the University of Pennsylvania Asian Law Review and completed an internship with the Pennsylvania Health Law Project.
- Advised health care providers and a durable medical equipment manufacturer on Medicare reimbursement issues, including the preparation and submission of self-disclosures of overpayments to the Office of Inspector General for the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
- Counseled health care providers and investors on the prohibition against the corporate practice of medicine in various states.
- Advised clients on change of ownership and license transfer requirements applicable to pharmacies, dialysis companies, dental practices, senior living facilities, and care coordination companies.
- Assisted investors in the acquisition of a variety of health care facilities and the implementation of management services organization structures.
- Advised a pharmaceutical company in conducting an internal investigation of research study misclassification.
- Drafted contracts governing the provision of professional and consulting services, non-disclosure of confidential information, and various transactional documents, such as directed stock transfer agreements, operating agreements, and administrative services agreements.
- Advised a federally qualified health center on submitting a request for reconsideration in connection with a Medicare billing revocation matter.
- Counseled nonprofit organizations on filing for recognition of exemption under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and state charity registrations.
- Co-author, “A First Look At New HHS Prescription Drug Safe Harbors,” Law360 (February 15, 2019)
- Co-author, “Distributors Expose Health, Life Science Companies To FCPA Risks,” Law360 (August 14, 2018)
- Speaker, “The New AdvaMed Code,” Ropes & Gray Webinar (February 14, 2019)