Jackie Joohee Kahng
Jackie Kahng is a finance partner in the firm’s Hong Kong office.
Jackie focuses her practice on cross-border leveraged finance transactions, including acquisition finance and real estate finance and has extensive deal experience in multiple jurisdictions in the Asia-Pacific region. She regularly advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies as well as other corporate borrowers on a wide-range of financing structures, including senior and subordinated credit facilities, asset-based facilities, high-yield bonds and mezzanine financings.
Prior to joining the firm, Jackie worked in New York and Hong Kong for a leading international law firm in banking and credit practices.
- Advised KKR in connection with the financing related to its investment, together with IGIS Asset Management and the National Pension Service of Korea, of a mixed-use real estate project in the Gangnam Business District in Seoul, South Korea.
Notable transactions in which Jackie has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advised KKR in connection with the financing related to its investment in a new joint venture holding company with LS Group in South Korea.
- Advised KKR in connection with the financing of its S$1.4 billion leveraged buyout of Goodpack Limited in Singapore.
- Advised KKR and Affinity Equity Partners in their US$5.8 billion sale of Oriental Brewery in South Korea to Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Advised KKR in connection with the financing relating to its acquisition of a controlling stake in Alliance Tire Group in India.
- Advised affiliates of an international private equity fund in connection with the financings for numerous investments in commercial, retail and residential real estate in Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore and South Korea.
- Advised China National Chemical Corporation in connection with the financing of its US$43.0 billion takeover of Syngenta AG in Switzerland.
- Advised MMI Holdings Limited in connection with refinancing of its term loan facilities and creation of a super-senior revolving facility.