Katerina Kirimli joined Ropes & Gray in 2022 and is an associate in the asset management group in London.
Katerina has a broad expertise in the structuring and formation, fundraising and ongoing operation of investment funds across various jurisdictions, including Luxembourg, the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands, with a particular focus on private debt strategies. Katerina is also highly experienced in forming separately managed accounts.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Katerina was an associate in the asset management practice of another U.S. law firm where she acted for global and European fund sponsors, advising them in connection with a wide range of matters, such as the formation, marketing and fundraising of funds (including compartmentalised fund platforms) investing in various levels of the capital structure. Katerina also spent four years in the in-house legal team of a leading private debt manager in London, focusing on the formation and structuring of private debt funds and separately managed accounts across subordinated, senior and direct lending investment strategies.
Katerina’s experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray includes advising:
- A global asset manager with more than $70 billion of assets under management on the formation and fundraising of its fourth vintage of its senior debt strategy with commitments of nearly €5 billion and including complex negotiations with high-profile investors from the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- A global asset manager on the formation and fundraising process of a European direct lending fund targeting €8 billion of commitments, including its separately managed accounts.
- A leading French asset manager on the formation of its sixth credit opportunities fund, targeting €2 billion of commitments and focusing on corporate credit opportunities in the European lower mid-market.
- A leading financial institution with more than £130 billion of assets under management on the formation of its debut special situations credit fund with compartments, with the first one targeting €400 million of commitments.
- A global asset manager on the formation of two evergreen separately managed accounts for European institutional investors, each with c. €200 million of commitments.
- A UK-based sponsor on the launch of its second, evergreen social impact real estate fund, focusing on deploying capital to address the need for affordable housing in the UK.
- A UK real estate fund manager on the formation of one levered and one unlevered compartment for its Luxembourg based RAIF targeting £800 million and £650 million each, respectively, with a view to pursue debt investments in the UK and European real estate.
- A French asset manager on the fundraising process of its sixth vintage of its senior debt strategy, targeting €2 billion of commitments.
- A UK-based female sponsor on the formation of its first seed fund investing in early-stage technology businesses with a focus on both developed and emerging markets, targeting £30 million.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LLM, Queen Mary University of London School of Law, 2014
- LLB, Democritus University of Thrace Faculty of Law, 2007
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2018