Katherine (Katie) Kleinot joined Ropes & Gray’s litigation and enforcement practice group in 2021. Katie’s practice includes domestic and international governmental and internal investigations, civil litigation, and anti-corruption and sanctions due diligence. Katie works with a diverse group of clients in the private equity and healthcare industries, among others. As a fluent Spanish speaker, Katie often advises clients regarding operations in Latin America. She also maintains an active pro bono practice.
During law school, Katie helped indigent families and children address the legal barriers to health with the Health Justice Alliance Law Clinic. Katie interned at the U.S. Department of Justice Criminal Fraud Section where she worked on various FCPA and fraud matters. She also interned at Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX) where she worked on international oil and gas contracts. Katie competed as a part of the Georgetown Barristers’ Council Alternative Dispute Resolution team. She served as a fellow for the Global Law Scholars program, a senior editor for the Georgetown Journal of International Law, and as alumni chair for the Latin American Law Students Association.
Anti-Corruption Investigations and Representation
- Conducts internal investigations on behalf of U.S.-based multinational medical device company involving allegations of bribery and violations of company policy in Latin America, including in Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, and Colombia. Advises client on implementation of compliance policies in response to investigative findings.
- Represented medical device company in responding to a subpoena from the Department of Justice.
- Conducts anti-corruption and sanctions due diligence on behalf of private equity clients in connection with portfolio company acquisitions.
Sexual Misconduct Representation
- Represents healthcare institutions in resolving claims related to allegations of historic sexual misconduct by a former employee.
- Represented a private equity firm in a contract dispute.
- Represents clients in asylum application proceedings.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2021; Global Law Scholar; Senior Editor, Georgetown Journal of International Law; Barristers’ Council ADR Division
- BA (Hons) (Communication and Spanish), magna cum laude, University of Delaware, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2022