Laura Kayani joined the corporate and private equity transactions department of Ropes & Gray’s London office in 2017. Prior to joining the firm, Laura was an associate in the corporate team of a large international law firm.
Laura has a wide range of experience advising clients on domestic and international M&A transactions and providing general corporate law advice, with particular experience of acting for private equity investors, management teams and portfolio companies on investments, acquisitions, disposals and restructurings.
- Advised 3i Group plc on its c. £125 million investment alongside management for a majority stake in MPM, an international leader in branded, premium, natural pet food
- Advised Partners Group on its acquisition of a major equity stake in Rovensa, a leading Portuguese-headquartered provider of specialty crop nutrition, biocontrol and protection products, from Bridgepoint
- Advised Avista Capital Partners on its joint acquisition with VHC Investco of Vision Healthcare, one of Europe’s fastest-growing omni-channel and direct-to-consumer health care companies
- Acting for Avista Capital on the sale of Trimb Healthcare, a leading consumer health care company based in Stockholm, for SEK 3.4 billion
- Advised Axcel on its acquisition of Phase One, a technology business specialising in high-end digital imaging software and equipment
- Advised Epiris on its acquisition of Diamorph AB (publ), a supplier of advanced material solutions, from shareholders including Serendipity Group and Investment AB Latour (publ) as majority shareholders
- Advised Epiris on its acquisition of Bonhams, the global auction house, from private shareholders
- Acting for Ares Management on the sale of its portfolio company Cordium – a leading provider of governance, risk and compliance services – to ACA Compliance Group
- Advised the founders of Thomas International, a leading international provider of psychometric assessment solutions, on the sale of a majority stake in the company to Palamon Capital Partners, a pan-European growth investor
Notable transactions in which Laura has been involved in prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for LDC on a number of management buy-outs, including of internationally recognised rimfire ammunition manufacturer Eley, shower specialist Aqualisa and the UK's largest independent 2-man next day home delivery provider Panther Logistics
- Advising Birmingham City Council on the sale of the NEC Group (comprising the NEC, Genting Arena, Resorts World, the ICC and the Barclaycard Arena) to LDC in a deal which valued the NEC Group at £307 million
- Advising Ladbrokes and Coral on the sale of 360 licenced betting offices to Betfred and Stan James as part of the Ladbrokes Coral merger
- Advising Rigby Capital on a number of pan-European acquisitions
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, College of Law, 2011
- GDL, College of Law, 2010
- BA (English Literature), University of Warwick, 2009