Laura Kayani joined the corporate and private equity transactions department of Ropes & Gray’s London office in 2017. Prior to joining the firm, Laura was an associate in the corporate team of a large international law firm.
Laura has a wide range of experience advising clients on domestic and international M&A transactions and providing general corporate law advice, with particular experience of acting for private equity investors, management teams and portfolio companies on investments, acquisitions, disposals and restructurings.
- Advised the founders of Thomas International, a leading international provider of psychometric assessment solutions, on the sale of a majority stake in the company to Palamon Capital Partners, a pan-European growth investor
Notable transactions in which Laura has been involved in prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for LDC on a number of management buy-outs, including of internationally recognised rimfire ammunition manufacturer Eley, shower specialist Aqualisa and the UK's largest independent 2-man next day home delivery provider Panther Logistics
- Advising Birmingham City Council on the sale of the NEC Group (comprising the NEC, Genting Arena, Resorts World, the ICC and the Barclaycard Arena) to LDC in a deal which valued the NEC Group at £307 million
- Advising LDC on its sale of Orion Media to Bauer Media
- Advising the management team of Sigma Precision Components on the £65m buy-out of Sigma from Avingtrans, backed by Silverfleet Capital Partners
- Advising Ladbrokes and Coral on the sale of 360 licenced betting offices to Betfred and Stan James as part of the Ladbrokes Coral merger
- Acting for a listed PLC on a number of international acquisitions
- Advising Rigby Capital on a number of pan-European acquisitions