Max Klinger is an associate in the investment management and financial services regulation team. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray in 2018 he trained at the London office of an international law firm.
- Advising on fund structuring, operational matters and cross-border marketing under the AIFMD, particularly in relation to pan-European and global private equity funds utilizing the AIFMD passport, and under the EU national private placement regime.
- Advising firms on issues relating to the application of, and compliance with, MiFID II, PRIIPs and the impact of the EU Securitisation Regulation.
Notable transactions on which Max was involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for a large Chinese conglomerate on its acquisition of a stake in a US asset management business.
- Advising two Swedish pension funds on a £3 billion real estate joint venture with a financial services organisation.
- Acting for an insurance company on the acquisition by one of its funds of a stake in a British-based pensions provider.
- Co-author, “EU Access To UK Financial Services May Tighten After Brexit,” Law360 (March 28, 2019)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, BPP Law School, 2015
- GDL, BPP Law School, 2014
- BA (Politics, Psychology and Sociology), First class degree, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 2012