Michael Kazakevich is a partner in Ropes & Gray’s finance group in London and co-head of the firm’s global practice.
Michael’s practice focuses on corporate finance transactions. He has advised issuers and underwriters in connection with high yield debt issues, secured leveraged loans, initial and follow-on public equity offerings, tender offers and acquisition financing commitments.
- Acting for a leading global investor on a refinancing of the initial financing of the acquisition of Navico, a leading provider of marine electronics.
- Acting for a consortium in connection with a €36 million equivalent high-yield bond and a €1.1 billion revolving credit facility for the merger of Lindorff and Intrum Justitia
- Acting for J.P. Morgan in the arrangement and issuance of holdco PIK notes to finance Victory Soccer Limited’s acquisition of Lille Football Club
- Acting for Altice in connection with various matters including:
- the issuance of €675 million 4.75% Senior Notes due 2028
- its cross-border equity and debt financing for the acquisition of Cablevision, The $10.6 billion debt financing package included a $3.8 billion covenant lite term loan, $2 billion revolving facility and three tranches of high yield notes: the offering of US$1.8 billion 101/8% Senior Notes due 2023, US$2 billion 107/8% Senior Notes due 2025 and US$1 billion 65/8% Senior Guaranteed Notes due 2025 and Altice NV also raised €1.6 billion via an equity placement through the accelerated book build method
- the financing for the acquisition by Altice of Suddenlink, the seventh largest cable system operator in the United States
- the financing for the acquisition by Altice of PT Portugal SGPS, S.A. and certain other entities that make up the Portugal Telecom Group, a leading provider of integrated telecommunication services to residential and corporate customers in Portugal from Oi S.A.
- the US$1.1 billion financing in connection with the take-private and refinancing of HOT-Telecommunications Systems Ltd., an Israeli telecommunications company
- a US$1.0 billion covenant lite term loan, a €250 million senior notes issuance and €125 million in other bank financing in connection with the acquisition of Groupe Outremer Telecom S.A. and Oni SGPS S.A. and the fold-in of certain business owned by Altice VII into the existing restricted financing group
- the offering of US$2.75 billion 7½% Senior Secured Notes due 2026 to refinance certain existing Senior Secured Notes and Term Loan Facilities
- the offering of US$400 million 6½% Senior Secured Notes due 2022, €300 million 6½% Senior Secured Notes due 2022 and US$400 million 8⅛% Senior Notes due 2024. Proceeds of the Notes were used to finance a majority ownership in Orange Dominicana
- Acting for Altice and Numericable Group in their jumbo US$21.9 billion cross-border bank and bond financing for the acquisition of French telecoms operator SFR
- Acting for CSC Holdings, LLC, a fully-owned subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation and an indirect subsidiary of Altice N.V., in connection with the offering of US$1.31 billion 5½% Senior Guaranteed Notes due 2027 to refinance a portion of its US$3.8 billion existing Term Loan Facility
- Acting for Numericable-SFR in relation to its US$5.1 billion high yield bond offering and refinancing of existing debt
- Acting for Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Nordeain connection with the €1.45 billion financing of Nordic Capital’s acquisition of a majority stake in Norway-based Lindorff, one of Europe’s leading providers of debt related administrative services
- Acting for Vision Capital in connection with the €260 million bridge loan and €250 million 10% senior secured notes due 2018 to finance Vision Capital's acquisition of a portfolio of investments from Banco Popolare, including Bormioli Rocco, the international glass and plastic packaging manufacturer