Myra Kassim joined Ropes & Gray as a trainee in 2016 and qualified into the finance department in the London office in 2018. Prior to joining the firm, Myra worked in Karachi, Pakistan as a lawyer in the corporate M&A and finance teams. During her time in Pakistan, Myra worked on acquisition financing and leverage buyout transactions, focusing on sponsor side work including Islamic financing.
During law school, Myra worked on many pro bono projects focusing on children’s education in Pakistan.
Prior to completing law school in London, Myra obtained a B.A. Honors in Legal Studies and International Studies with a minor in Peace and Conflict Studies (PACS) focusing on arbitration, mediation and negotiation and a French certification.
- Acted for Silverfleet Capital in relation to the LBO of Riviera Travel
- Advised Virgin Media on refinancing of notes due 2024
- Acted for a U.S. private equity firm on the refinancing of a Spanish NPL acquisition financed by a private securitization
- Acted for TH Real Estate, a leading real estate investment firm, in financing transactions of commercial developments in the United Kingdom
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, Commendation, University of Law, Bloomsbury, 2014
- GDL, Commendation, University of Law, Bloomsbury, 2013
- BA (Legal Studies & International Studies), Honors, University of Waterloo, 2011