Nicole Krea is a partner in the corporate department and asset management group. Nicole focuses her practice on private investment funds, and routinely advises fund sponsor clients regarding various fundraising, regulatory and compliance matters. Nicole also represents institutional investors and funds of funds in connection with their investments in private funds and in co-investments.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicole worked as a Staff Attorney Fellow with Kids In Need of Defense (KIND). Nicole continues to work with KIND and provides pro bono representation to unaccompanied children in removal proceedings.
- Regularly advises private equity and real estate firms on various regulatory obligations and compliance matters, including TPG Capital, Thomas H. Lee Partners, Freeman Spogli & Co., CBRE Global Investors, Bain Capital, and Leerink Capital Partners.
- Assists private equity advisers with registering as investment advisers with the Securities and Exchange Commission and registering as commodity pool operators and commodity trading advisors under the Commodity Exchange Act.
- Represents fund sponsors in connection with the formation of private equity and real estate funds.
- Reviews and negotiates private fund investments for various U.S. and non-U.S. clients, including Stanford Management Company, Makena Capital Management, Harvard Management Company, and Temasek Holdings.
- Quoted, “Private Equity Scrambles to Comply With SEC Marketing Rule as Deadline Nears,” The Wall Street Journal (October 24, 2022)
- Co-author, “SEC Priorities for Private Equity and Real Estate Advisers,” The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation (October 11, 2017)
- Co-Author, “Upcoming Deadline for BEA Foreign Affiliate Reporting on BE-10,” Ropes & Gray Alert (May 8, 2015)
- Co-Author, “Recent Changes to the BEA Foreign Direct Investment Reporting,” Ropes & Gray Alert (January 6, 2015)
- JD, summa cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2010; Associate Managing Editor, Suffolk University Law Review
- BA (English), James Madison University, 2002
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2019
- Massachusetts, 2010
- IFLR 1000 (2023)